How to suspend branches horizontally?

Mvtt70

I'm trying to figure out how to have some branches going horizontally from left side of my cham's cage to right so he can rest on something flat instead of the diagonal trees he has now. How do you do keep them up like this with screen sides?

I'm trying to figure out how to have some branches going horizontally from left side of my cham's cage to right so he can rest on something flat instead of the diagonal trees he has now. How do you do keep them up like this with screen sides?
Strong magnets on either side? Like if you got super strong magnets then attached two to boTh ends of the branch, Then put the other two outside of the screen to suspend branches?? If you know what I mean

A bit like Pearl's idea...

Go to large chain or local hardware store and buy a 'long wooden dowel' or two and 'saw' to cut the dowel with if you do not already have something. Also purchase a few 'magnets' and some 'gorilla glue' - you will need at least 4 (preferably 6) magnets per dowel rod you create.

Measure the width of your cage, and cut dowels to the size of the width of your cage minus 1/4 to 1/2 inch to leave space for the magnets. Then just glue a magnet on to each end of the dowel, and use the remaining magnets to secure on each side of the screen.

Strong magnets on either side? Like if you got super strong magnets then attached two to boTh ends of the branch, Then put the other two outside of the screen to suspend branches?? If you know what I mean
A bit like Pearl's idea...

Go to large chain or local hardware store and buy a 'long wooden dowel' or two and 'saw' to cut the dowel with if you do not already have something. Also purchase a few 'magnets' and some 'gorilla glue' - you will need at least 4 (preferably 6) magnets per dowel rod you create.

Measure the width of your cage, and cut dowels to the size of the width of your cage minus 1/4 to 1/2 inch to leave space for the magnets. Then just glue a magnet on to each end of the dowel, and use the remaining magnets to secure on each side of the screen.
Is this commonly done this way? Is there a set of magnets people often use?

If you go the magnet route, make sure that you get neodymium magnets, I don't think regular ceramic magnets would be strong enough.

Personally, I just get jewelry wire from Michael's to hang up my branches. Just drill a hole at each end and then insert the wire and fashion a hook. Just be careful that the wire isn't sticking out anywhere that could puncture your cham.

Though I do agree with Beman, go with the dragon ledges or make your own support system with larger branches. If you want your cage to look clean af, I'd go with the dragon ledges.

Home improvement store—aluminum stock: flat bar, strapping, angle... And some stainless steel sheet metal screws. Measure the inside of the enclosure, corner to corner, and cut the aluminum stock with a hacksaw just a smidge smaller. Drill holes at each end for the sheet metal screws, and attach directly to the frame. Do this on either side, or wherever you like. The you can use wire or zip-ties to attach the horizontal branches.

This method doesn't puncture or stress the screening.

Back
Top Bottom