How to present collard greens to my cham?

gracie88

Hey guys! Today I went to the grocery store and picked up some collard greens, carrots, and turnip greens to gutload my feeders. But, I also thought that I'd give Cosmo a little collard greens in a bowl (different bowl as my feeders and on the opposite side of his enclosure so he can pick.) He was super excited about this but as soon as he went to munch on his leaves he became a bit freaked out. I think the pieces were a bit too big for him because he started to try get it off his tongue after having only one bite. How big should the pieces be? (He is a baby male veiled chameleon)

P.S. If any of you guys followed along with my last post I am happy to say that I ordered Cosmo a 75watt incandesent light for his enclosure and it will be coming soon, thank you guys for the help!

Hi! My veiled loves greens. I usually offer collard greens and shredded carrot or cucumber once a week (sometimes watermelon in little thin pieces if I have some in the fridge maybe once a month). I always crush the collard greens in my fist to break down some of the fibers then rip the leaf into pieces about the size of your thumb nail and I'll mix it in with the feeder insects. Usually I'll throw in 5 or 6 collard green pieces and my girl usually eats 3 or 4 of them.

Hi! My veiled loves greens. I usually offer collard greens and shredded carrot or cucumber once a week (sometimes watermelon in little thin pieces if I have some in the fridge maybe once a month). I always crush the collard greens in my fist to break down some of the fibers then rip the leaf into pieces about the size of your thumb nail and I'll mix it in with the feeder insects. Usually I'll throw in 5 or 6 collard green pieces and my girl usually eats 3 or 4 of them.

Thank you so much! I will definetly try this!

Back
Top Bottom