How to know if healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
They told you 3 times to fill out the HELP FORM, but you are still asking questions ????
He told me. The other person asked if pulled shedding skin off. I think you
Guys should READ more. Can’t answer questions when the baby has been here a day so I am just going to take it to a vet.

You can say whats the dimensions of cage. What type of lighting you have. What supliements you have. ETC. FILL THE HELP FORM.

He told me. The other person asked if pulled shedding skin off. I think you
Guys should READ more. Can’t answer questions when the baby has been here a day so I am just going to take it to a vet.
I am going to jump in because I am pretty offended at how you would treat another member that was asking you a question. @JoXie411 asked if you pulled it off because believe it or not a lot of people come here and they do pull it off which is extremely bad. Your response was RUDE. She was not being rude to you. In fact NO ONE has been anything but helpful.

We need the form filled out because otherwise we do not know what you were given. But if you feel you do not know what you bought then don't fill it out and take the baby to a Vet. If you are lucky you will end up with a Reptile vet that has real knowledge of these animals. FYI a good vet will require the same information we are asking you to provide.

You should know what light wattage you got, the temp at basking, the humidity level, what supplements they told you to buy, how often and how many feeders they told you to give. Sure there is info we can tell by pictures but the amount of info that is left out is the important stuff.

You had two members that would have provided you with complete detail on husbandry for your cham had you been respectful.

Unwatching this thread now.

It’s okay I am pretty sure I am okay with a
Vet. LOL I am off this and will NEVER come back you guys ask stupid questions when a serious question is being answered. Like do you pull a sunburn off a baby so why would pull shedding skin. I am still trying to understand why we are
Stuck on that when I asked about health ? LoL. Bye guys have fun on the internet. There’s a real world with vets and what not

For the record, you didnt say he took his own shed off. You said "he was shedding when I got him and just finished taking the shed off" which is not specific, and over text could be interpreted in many ways. @JoXie411 was trying to clarify and you responded with a bad attitude.
Also, saying that everyone on this site is "probably not very sociable" is a pretty piss poor way of getting help from people here.
Good luck with the vet, hopefully for your chams sake they know what they are talking about and you actually answer their questions, unlike ours.

For the record, you didnt say he took his own shed off. You said "he was shedding when I got him and just finished taking the shed off" which is not specific, and over text could be interpreted in many ways. @JoXie411 was trying to clarify and you responded with a bad attitude.
Also, saying that everyone on this site is "probably not very sociable" is a pretty piss poor way of getting help from people here.
Good luck with the vet, hopefully for your chams sake they know what they are talking about and you actually answer their questions, unlike ours.
Good way to show how actually slow you are I said he just finished taking it off also said I was done asking advice. I’m pretty sure a reptile vet would know about a reptile hence the word reptile and they would probably ask more valid questions and be able know more holding the Chan in their hands. Seems like you just wanted to be heard or like your bored. Since I already said I was out of here

Good way to show how actually slow you are I said he just finished taking it off also said I was done asking advice. I’m pretty sure a reptile vet would know about a reptile hence the word reptile and they would probably ask more valid questions and be able know more holding the Chan in their hands. Seems like you just wanted to be heard or like your bored. Since I already said I was out of here
YOU SAID THIS... NOT SPECIFIC TO WHO TOOK IT OFF WHICH WAS WHY YOU WERE ASKED.
He was shedding when I bought him and just finished taking it all off.

GOOD BYE, GOOD LUCK, AND BE WELL!

You say you've only had it for a day so you can't fill out the form? That is just flat-out not true. You have plenty of useful information we could use to help you to know whether your chameleon is healthy. Which is why you came here. Without details about how you are and how you plan to care for the chameleon, we cannot tell you one way or another whether they are healthy or at risk.

Surely you know what kind of cage it's in? Its dimensions? What lights you're using? How often you mist? What you're planning on feeding? Your supplement schedule? Basking temp? Humidity?

It couldn't possibly be the case that you're refusing to answer these basic questions because you're unprepared, could it? We really could help you and would like to help. But we need to ask questions to know how you are caring for your new animal in order to offer you anything useful. Responding aggressively to truly reasonable and important questions will not help you ensure a bright future for your poor Petco adoptee.

This thread has been closed. It is getting nowhere. Hopefully the OP gets the answers they are seeking. It would be a great idea for them to fill out the info for any vet they deal with because they should be asking the same things to be able to properly diagnose any issues.

For the record, a vet isn’t required to find out how much food a chameleon should eat, and they also don’t need to be involved showing proper color. Just do a simple search here on the forums and there will be tons of examples.

The help form is a great way to get the proper care requirements locked in. Most vets do not have experience with chameleons so they often give bad advice.

I would suggest looking at the caresheets for veiled chameleons here to get you a good starting point.

Good luck, and I hope you are able to read this thread again to see that the members are trying to help, you may have read more into this than is actually there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom