How to get your chameleon to like dubia roaches [VIDEO]

Carmelo's favorite bug is hornworms. I tried Dubia Roches, he ate 1 and left the others for several days. I like Dubia Roaches. They are easy to gut load and they have a long shelf life. Tip - use a shooting gallery to coral creepy crawlers. The shooting gallery gave me the confidence to try Dubia Roaches. My biggest fear is losing creepy crawlers in my house! [email protected]

Last edited:
Great idea for a video because dubia's really are the best overall feeder (convenience + nutrition)

Literally dealing with this right now and thank you so much for the tips! I’m going to have to try that as I love keeping the dubias since they’re so easy to care for and last a long time but Cham just isn’t that interested. I have to shake them in a cup to catch his eye and then he just gives me the look and stalks away 😭

Thanks for this. I've been dealing with it for a few months now.
The only way I've been able to get Mr. Puff to eat dubias anymore is to release them on a branch and chase them back and forth with the tongs and it can take a while.
Otherwise he just sits and watches the dubias like TV for hours and doesn't eat and I eventually just put them back.
If they were super worms, he'd crawl across the house just to get to them.
I'm trying out putting a ton more dubias in the cup hoping they keep his attention.

Back
Top Bottom