how to feed my cam worms?

jbaird75

im new to this site and cams. i have a veiled cam about 4 months old as i was told female about 3-4 inch long. now my ? is how to feed them hormworm or silkworms any worm do i place them in a dish at bottom of the tank or try to set them in the live tree or vine branches. i have a bear bottom tank with a potoh and looking for small hybicus. thank you

im new to this site and cams. i have a veiled cam about 4 months old as i was told female about 3-4 inch long. now my ? is how to feed them hormworm or silkworms any worm do i place them in a dish at bottom of the tank or try to set them in the live tree or vine branches. i have a bear bottom tank with a potoh and looking for small hybicus. thank you

I usually put them on the vine.

i put supers and silks on the screen and i put the bigger hornworms on the vine and let it crawl around.

I think its funny because the hornworm will try to eat any fake leaves in there

Make sure to give an appropriate size worm. Those hormorms can get pretty big. The rule of thumb is the distance between the eyes is about as big as your chams throat, so that's what will fit going down.

If its a larva that will "hold on" to a vine or the side of the cage, like silkworms or hornworms, that's what I do. If its a butterworm or mealworm or waxworm (none of which I use often) I put in a feeding cup, because these ones dont hang on well. I often use a feeding cup for kingworms (aka superworms) too.

Back
Top Bottom