How quickly they are in our hearts!

katlovesaandw

Jeez, you do not know HOW much you miss them....
We have had Karma for 3 weeks now, her new GIANT cage has been here for a week.
Yesterday, hubby took her to the reptile shop for boarding because we are headed out to grandparents today for Easter, etc.
It SUCKS not having your cham here! I am SO used to her cage being there, talking to her, etc. that her missing is like a chunk missing!
It was wierd not turning off the lights last night at 7:45, it is wierd not turning them on this morning.....
Ok, I think we are cham addicts now!LOL
:( I miss my Karma......

She'll be back ;)

If this is how you feel after only a few weeks, imagine how intense it will feel next year when you go again for the easter break :)

Karma is a very lucky girl

They are the most amazing animal I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I even wrote a poem about it, check it out under my blog.

They are so easy to get attached to! It's weird when you don't have to go through your normal routine everyday. You'll be back soon enough with your little Karma!

At least you can look forward to getting her back after your break! I know how empty the house is without them,and also how much you can become attached to them in such a short space of time! When my first cham died, I missed her so much, and it's true, you don't realise how attached you have become until they are no longer around.:( I really missed the routine of misting and feeding, etc and the whole family agreed that the house was too empty without her. I now have two and love them to bits - they are very much part of the family, even though all they do is just sit there, lol!:D

Miss Lily,

I totally agree. I lost my first cham about 3 months ago and I was much more devastated than I thought. Especially since he was mean all the time. Chameleons should come with a disclaimer that reads: "Chameleons are addictive, loveable (which is rarely reciprocated) and require a lot of care. Purchase cautiously, handle seldomly and be prepared to want 138 more ."

Miss Lily,

I totally agree. I lost my first cham about 3 months ago and I was much more devastated than I thought. Especially since he was mean all the time. Chameleons should come with a disclaimer that reads: "Chameleons are addictive, loveable (which is rarely reciprocated) and require a lot of care. Purchase cautiously, handle seldomly and be prepared to want 138 more ."

Lol! You just about summed the whole cham thing up there!:D I totally agree!

Miss Lily,

All i can say is my Tuffy, w/c quad from Elisa (a rescue) crawled out of her box and into my heart. I have a number of chameleons but Tuffy will always be # 1 for me and I don't have any idea why:confused::confused: But you did describe how they are completely perfect.

It is great to bring a purchased cham into your life, but I've also found that taking in a miserable rescue and turning it around to be even better.

Years ago I took in a female jax that was on death's door. She and a male were being offered for sale by a local petshop. They were new to chams, but when I started making polite suggestions about their care they listened. This developed into a great relationship. Those people really cared about their animals. The pair (separated of course) just went downhill probably from the effects of long term poor care before they ever arrived at the shop. The male died and the female hadn't eaten in days. Finally I offered to take her home and they agreed. While I was setting up a small cage for her she lay on her side in my sink, eyes shut, unable to lift her head. Every few minutes I misted her with warm water and she licked it off the porcelain. Over the next couple of weeks she was dropper fed fluids, bug juice, supplements, and soft bodied insects (this was long before much nutritional info was available for chams). Her cage had one of those small decorative fountain water pumps in a shallow dish and she liked perching on the edge where droplets splashed on her. No such thing as a ultrasonic fogger back then. I kept expecting to find her dead every morning but she just kept going. I began finding her in different parts of the cage but she would freeze and shut her eyes when I came in the room. She began grabbing the feeders as I put them in her mouth and fighting me a little more each day. Anyway, several weeks later she was roaming a large plant in the livingroom on her own, her weight had doubled, she was a glowing green, feisty and opinionated. I returned her to the shop, but they were so happy to see her that they just gave her to me. She lived a couple more years.

I will never forget her!

Back
Top Bottom