How much to feed

pr3mo15

I just got some silk worms. I have 75 atm 50 mediums and 25 large...How much should i feed them? and how often??

I feed silkworms two or three times a day, about half a teaspoon of chow per medium worm. ive never measured what they eat. Basically whatever they'll consume in 5-10 minutes. I now give them dandelion leaves instead of chow almost half the time too. cuts the chow costs

I just got some silk worms. I have 75 atm 50 mediums and 25 large...How much should i feed them? and how often??

Hey dude, go hit up the closest elementary and look for some mulberry trees.

Google "Morus Alba" and look at the leaves. The are usually big shady trees hanging out by any young elementary. Give em a good rinse in the sink and you should save a ton.

The trees are covered here in socal right now.

Sandra's advice for chow is spot on, but chow really adds up after a while. I find it pretty easy to grab a big handful of leaves every other day while I walk my dog. Free food is good food!

It will depend on how fast you want them to grow.... Temp will also play into their growth. I keep mine at 85ish and I feed them every couple of days. It really all depends on what I am going for. If I want them huge fast. I feed everyday. If you want to maintain a size just feed every few days.... keep an eye out because they do start to dry up if they are smaller.

If you feed too often and aren't set up right... food will mold and kill the worms.

Back
Top Bottom