How long, and how big.

DulcyDoll

i am housing my 4mo old in the same one right now, good juvi cage IMO; but 6mo or older im gonna switch to lllreptile.com's 48x24x24" with a good base.

I have had this cage forever...bought it at a flea market for 6 bucks! has two small holes in the back, and some staining on the bottom, but other than that it is in great condition! I'm glad to hear it is a good juvi cage, my guy will only be 2 months old when i get him, so he will be able to stay in that cage for a good bit of time.

Is it easy to clean? do you use any substrate in yours? I was thinking a layer of paper towels in the bottom so can pick it up and toss it.

if you are using a fine mister then i would go with the terrarium liner green. thats what ive been using and so far hasnt retained any moisture or mold. just vacuum every weekened.

How much are you looking at for the 48"x24"x24", there is someone on craigslist selling one for $50, that a good price?
Thanks, ill check out the terrarium liner!

Ok, I talked the guy down to $40 for the cage and am going to pick it up today. It has a hole in one of the sides, but he said the screen is replaceable, and if im going to replace one side, I'll probably wind up doing all sides. But, I have read that babies (2 month old male im getting) should be started in a smaller enclosure so they can find their food? Is this true or could i set him up in the 48"x24"x24" right off the bat?
Thanks

Ok, I talked the guy down to $40 for the cage and am going to pick it up today. It has a hole in one of the sides, but he said the screen is replaceable, and if im going to replace one side, I'll probably wind up doing all sides. But, I have read that babies (2 month old male im getting) should be started in a smaller enclosure so they can find their food? Is this true or could i set him up in the 48"x24"x24" right off the bat?
Thanks

it depends how you are feeding him. most will say to start in a small cage, and then move up to a bigger one. I think as long as you have a feeder cup and he is eating and drinking you should be fine.

I was hoping to free range, but I can do a feeder cup, thats not a problem. I dont know, I'll see how big this cage actually is (im bad with size imagining lol) but if it looks like it would be too overwhelming, ill start him in the smaller one until he grows a bit.

Back
Top Bottom