How Do We Save Madagascar?

DonKeesh

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone have any recommendations on how an individual can help the dire conservation situation in Madagascar? How does one get involved or donate to the cause to stop the spread of slash and burn agriculture due to out of control population growth?

You can not buy chameleons that are IUCN Listed Endangered species, and by supporting sustainable collecting, farming (ranching) and export practices. Plus everyone here could make yearly contributions to active forest and wildlife conservation groups in Madagascar.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Growth for growths sake and the same for progress. Without the new and next it's perceived that we will fall behind while nature foots the bill all the while.

As someone who hikes and camps as often as possible it breaks my heart to see the destruction on wild and natural lands.

Growth for growths sake and the same for progress. Without the new and next it's perceived that we will fall behind while nature foots the bill all the while.

As someone who hikes and camps as often as possible it breaks my heart to see the destruction on wild and natural lands.

Why does conversation about wildlands break your heart? I live near Yosemite, one of the most beautiful conserved wild places on the planet. I have seen wildlands conservation happen first hand, and progress has been made in Madagascar, as seen in the past, and promised by today's Malagasy president. The Malagasy have just got to stop looking to National Parks and nature preserves for resources.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Why does conversation about wildlands break your heart? I live near Yosemite, one of the most beautiful conserved wild places on the planet. I have seen wildlands conservation happen first hand, and progress has been made in Madagascar, as seen in the past, and promised by today's Malagasy president. The Malagasy have just got to stop looking to National Parks for resources.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
The destruction of said lands breaks my heart. I'm a big fan of sustainability and conserving our natural resources and preserving the wild lands we have left.

Issues like chemical dumping deforestation are the heart breakers. The fact that we strip mine mountains and allow clean water to be polluted is bad enough but it's worse that to industry and government it's business as usual.

Also I think I made a typo in my first post it should read of natural lands not on.

Cheers

The destruction of said lands breaks my heart. I'm a big fan of sustainability and conserving our natural resources and preserving the wild lands we have left.

Issues like chemical dumping deforestation are the heart breakers. The fact that we strip mine mountains and allow clean water to be polluted is bad enough but it's worse that to industry and government it's business as usual.

Also I think I made a typo in my first post it should read of natural lands not on.

Cheers

There is another positive that happens as far as wildlands conservation goes that is good to be alert too. That is sometimes there is something called habitat/forest restorations. These are done to area's to connect wild area's, create wild area's or make a wild area out of a polluted or disturbed area. These area's are neat deals and wish people whom these topics are important to would here about more.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom