How come...

I am posting here right now!!!! lol

Just for you! lol.... You know I am not really sure... I think it just is over looked I think most people post in health if they have an issue, enclosure if they have a questions about set up, or general discussion most most anything else.

I actually never even noticed it was there until I saw you post... so maybe that is the case with others as well. :D

I only just discovered this section last Saturday and have been meaning to post my set up since then. I guess I'll do it now :D

this is my free range set up..

large ficus in the corner of my room, small cricket carrier bolted o the wall near the basking site( just fill it up with crickets, cham knows where to go)..automatic drip/misting system next..reptisun self ballested mecury vapor basking lamp(tree loves it as much as the cham)..and on top of all this (in the pic, just really tiny) is my 3 month old male panther..( i was at first unsure about such a small cham freeroaming) but he has yet to even bother going to the bottom of his tree( its been a month or so)he eats and drinks everyday, i take him outside in he sun when i have the chance..i have had only freeroaming cageless setups ever since i started with chams( bout 10 years now)..if givin everything they require, they will not roam, i do however take mine out side (walk the dog) and have a window so he can view the world next to his tree..post the pics of your setups

Attachments

• 1125101235-01.jpg
    1125101235-01.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 1127100849-01.jpg
    1127100849-01.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 1127100849-00.jpg
    1127100849-00.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 183
I absolutely love the idea of a free range set up and recently had the opportunity to see a whole room dedicated to free range at the home of my reptile boarder's. It was pretty spectacular - there were 2 pothos that had grown so long that the vines had made it around the entilre room which were attached to the wall with hooks, placed about 3 feet from the ceiling. Along with the plant vines, the owners had wrapped vivarium vines amongst the plant for extra grip for the chameleon. I was bowled over by the set up and have done alot of dreaming (along with trying to convince my husband I need my own chameleon room for my growing interest in free range!)

One question I have though, with a free range set up such as I've seen how can you be certain your cham is getting the benefits of the UVB/UVA lights if he's roaming all the time? I would be concerned more time would be spent roaming than sitting under much needed lighting.

Any insight would be appreciated, or perhaps more pictures of free range setups may help me out! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom