Housing Multiple chameleons

So much depends on how well YOU know your particular chams, how well YOU understand cham behaviors, and also how quickly YOU can detect any signs of stress and failure to thrive. It would be downright irresponsible for a less experienced cham keeper to attempt this. But it never fails...people keep trying so they don't have to maintain two setups. At least the trainable ones find this forum and ask before their chams end up suffering or dying.
In what part of my text are you disagreed with? Maybe it’s a miss understanding?

Thank you for expanding on this. I appreciate it. I am really only familiar with the husbandry of Panthers and Veileds. I have read about pygmies being more social but not the details of their enclosures. That was very interesting!
social is a really bad Word to describe any chameleon, even pygmies, melleries or parson. The do tolerate eachother or their territories overlap. but from that to be social is a really big jump. some may keep chameleon together but a big chunck of them will come back here and ask why their chame is dying or sick or stuff. it is better to go with the proved approach.

I have read that if you have a huge enclosure like the size of a bedroom (free ranging) that it is possible, but even then you would need to have separate uvb and basking spots. (even though you'd probably need to set a side two cages or make a barrier so that no fighting happens etc.)

I have read that if you have a huge enclosure like the size of a bedroom (free ranging) that it is possible, but even then you would need to have separate uvb and basking spots. (even though you'd probably need to set a side two cages or make a barrier so that no fighting happens etc.)
and.. i must add : if the goal is to cave money.. forget this! :p my freerange cost about 3 time the price.. plus there always some risk

Just to be clear, I wasnt considering or planning to house multiple chameleons.
But like I've said, ive heard of it before and wanted more information on the topic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom