Horn question

kawabunga2002

ey,

i have 2 multi's.

my question is:

how can i prevent that they make there horn go numb.
i have a male and his both horns are demaged it apears that it is no a wound
but you can see that the horn is sort of open.
I have him more than a year for now and the horn doesn't heel or repair itself not even a little.

now i have a female for some months, here horns where ending on a little spike, i can see on the pictures i took that the horn is already getting numb, the spike that was there is gone a little.
I'd like to prevent any more demage.

what can i do to prevent more demage or what can be the cause.

I don't know what's causing the damage, or how to prevent it in the future. My Jackson's broke a horn once; we went to the vet and he had me dab the open, damaged area with a topical antibiotic for ten days. The horn itself was always visibly damaged, but no infection spread and it didn't seem to bother the lizard or cause him any loss in quality of life.

My giant fischers rubbed his nose/horn on the screen cage when I first got him. I noticed that my basking branch was quite close to the screen and when he turned around he was rubbing it. I moved the branch farther away from the screen, added more plants and he stopped having the problem. The horn healed, but never grew back.

I don't know what's causing the damage, or how to prevent it in the future. My Jackson's broke a horn once; we went to the vet and he had me dab the open, damaged area with a topical antibiotic for ten days. The horn itself was always visibly damaged, but no infection spread and it didn't seem to bother the lizard or cause him any loss in quality of life.

Thats what the male seems to have, you can see the inside of the horn.
He doesn't seem to bother eater.

ponders said:
My giant fischers rubbed his nose/horn on the screen cage when I first got him. I noticed that my basking branch was quite close to the screen and when he turned around he was rubbing it. I moved the branch farther away from the screen, added more plants and he stopped having the problem. The horn healed, but never grew back.

Here they rub against the glass of the terrarium when there digging.
It is an activity that they do for quite some time during the day.
Temp is good so i don't blame the heat or so. Don't now why they digg that much.

Back
Top Bottom