Homemade drainage

Lexlynn

Established Member
Anyone have any ideas on a drainage pan homemade? I know someone recommended a dog pan. But wouldnt the cage need to be on some sort of elevation ? Mine is screen cage. Having trouble with water buildup on bottom so we’re looking to start a drainage tray as it seems to be necessary now. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Anyone have any ideas on a drainage pan homemade? I know someone recommended a dog pan. But wouldnt the cage need to be on some sort of elevation ? Mine is screen cage. Having trouble with water buildup on bottom so we’re looking to start a drainage tray as it seems to be necessary now. Any ideas would be appreciated.
You can get something like this.... https://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-...SV2D0V11G1B&psc=1&refRID=48GR67TZ8SV2D0V11G1B

But I use the dragon strand drain pans... They are raised so the cage is not sitting in water... But the one above has valve so you can hook a hose to it so it drains off into a bucket. So that is nice. Build a PVC frame to sit in it so it props your cage up out of the water...

Here is a thread for drainage ideas https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/drainage-systems-for-cages-get-creative.102038/

You can get something like this.... https://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-...SV2D0V11G1B&psc=1&refRID=48GR67TZ8SV2D0V11G1B

But I use the dragon strand drain pans... They are raised so the cage is not sitting in water... But the one above has valve so you can hook a hose to it so it drains off into a bucket. So that is nice. Build a PVC frame to sit in it so it props your cage up out of the water...

Here is a thread for drainage ideas https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/drainage-systems-for-cages-get-creative.102038/
Thanks so much !!!

Hey there,

I make all of my drainage trays from hardwood. I’ll post a few pics for you. If you’d like, I can make you one. Let me know :)

91E932DC-4359-4E58-BA1E-F3AD4B9FE400.jpeg

284F7122-BDA9-4A2E-8970-08EDCF993CA9.jpeg
6C2BF6FC-63E5-4B9A-B281-BE728BCD4D8B.jpeg

It takes some time (and lots of hot glue) but I used corrugated plastic from a hardware store and put in a drain tube that leads to a bucket which I drilled through an IKEA table. I also put eggcrate on top of my screen floor to allow for it to hold more weight on it aka potted plants
B4369BC8-003F-4FEE-BCA3-FEC8FEF5E64F.png

Attachments

• 618E5E43-94D2-4FD0-899C-832B59ADA157.jpeg
    618E5E43-94D2-4FD0-899C-832B59ADA157.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 96
It takes some time (and lots of hot glue) but I used corrugated plastic from a hardware store and put in a drain tube that leads to a bucket which I drilled through an IKEA table. I also put eggcrate on top of my screen floor to allow for it to hold more weight on it aka potted plantsView attachment 287203
You have the same cage as I do. Is urs flimsy on top of that ? If not I’ll def try that I need something ASAP and I’m like not sure what the heck to do that I can do right now that’s probably the closest I can do

You have the same cage as I do. Is urs flimsy on top of that ? If not I’ll def try that I need something ASAP and I’m like not sure what the heck to do that I can do right now that’s probably the closest I can do

I think with everything I did to it’s pretty good. I added many layers of hot glue to all the joints/connecting parts. I also put in many “stands” so that weight could be distributed better. The eggcrate also helps with weight.

In total everything was $20 for a 76x36 corrugated plastic sheet, $2 for 2 inch drain, $5 glue gun, $4 100 pack of glue sticks, and $16 for an eggcrate. I liked that I could customize the size of the “pan” so I made it 25x25in so it could catch anything that dropped off of the shower curtain around the cage. DM me if you do decide to go through with this method and I can walk you through it.

I think with everything I did to it’s pretty good. I added many layers of hot glue to all the joints/connecting parts. I also put in many “stands” so that weight could be distributed better. The eggcrate also helps with weight.

In total everything was $20 for a 76x36 corrugated plastic sheet, $2 for 2 inch drain, $5 glue gun, $4 100 pack of glue sticks, and $16 for an eggcrate. I liked that I could customize the size of the “pan” so I made it 25x25in so it could catch anything that dropped off of the shower curtain around the cage. DM me if you do decide to go through with this method and I can walk you through it.
I went to the store and ended up with pvc instead of the plastic. We’re building it tomorrow ! We’re using your idea though thank you so much !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom