Hibiscus plants, where do they go and what purpose do they serve?

chak

I've been thinking about getting a hibiscus plant for the enclosure. But I was wondering where I could/would stick it (in the middle, corner, sides, etc.) and what they do for the chameleon? I plan on getting a jackson's so I don't believe I have to worry about it eating the plant.

To add on top of that, i have to rotate them. So i have one in cage, and 2 more either outside or in a high light window, else all the leaves start falling off. And thats with me having a dual 42" T5HO with a 6500k bulb, plus a few 40 watt halogens. They really like the halogens.

I've been thinking about getting a hibiscus plant for the enclosure. But I was wondering where I could/would stick it (in the middle, corner, sides, etc.) and what they do for the chameleon? I plan on getting a jackson's so I don't believe I have to worry about it eating the plant.
AFAIK, for the chameleon, they can provide more foliage; for us they provide aesthetics/color.
You can place it just about anywhere depending on its size, and relocate as it grows. Chameleon Academy mentions it as a centerpiece plant, but many folks also use it as an accent. CA also talks about the rotation nightanole uses.

Back
Top Bottom