Hi im new any addvice for me?

lizardfish

Iv kept every reptile out there and keep reef tanks so im used to keeping a "perfect" environment. so i think im ready for a cham. a friend gave me a baby graceful chameleon 2-3 inches. he is currantly in a 29gal tank open top. wile i buld the perfect cage.

i know alot of people buy these guys wile knowing squwat and they die,
so please give me some addvice so i dont make newbie mistakes. thanks

is this uvb bulb safe for chams? i heard they make them go blind (idont believe it) http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Repti+Glo+5.0+Compact&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=11708866327694110113&ei=Mj9aTK-MKIG78gbs8qzMAg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCMQ8wIwAA#

Yes, those CFL UVB lamps have been known to cause serious eye issues including blindness. Some have been reformulated and are supposed to be safe: CFLs The absolute safest and most recommended UVB lamp is the Reptisun 5.0 linear (tube style).

This is a good place to find lots of answers.

Last edited:
Yes, those CFL UVB lamps have been known to cause serious eye issues including blindness. Some have been refromulated and are supposed to be safe: CFLs The absolute safest and most recommended UVB lamp is the Reptisun 5.0 linear (tube style).

This is a good place to find lots of answers.

Heather I really like the links in your signature line, Thanks

I used that same EXACT bulb for pedro when he was young.
For maybe about 4 days.
He started to close his eyes on day TWO and so I went on here searching for an answer.
I figured it was the bulb so I changed it out to a linear 18" reptiGLO 5.0 and
within a couple days he eyes went back to normal.
Imagine if I were to use that his whole life?
So yea believe it. It WILL 100% cause eye damage/irritation over time. :p

Back
Top Bottom