Hey new member here

hi all thank you for letting me become a member,

I am looking to see what people think of my set up for my Yemen chameleon (Gaston).
And if you have any advice for me please just let me know.
Once again thank you for letting me join.

Kriss

Attachments

• 20200911_194415.jpg
    20200911_194415.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200911_194401.jpg
    20200911_194401.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200911_194445.jpg
    20200911_194445.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20200911_194351.jpg
    20200911_194351.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 83
Welcome! It’s a good start...from what I can see right now the biggest thing is more horizontal branches and more foliage/plants. How far is that basking branch from the top? Looks pretty close to the uvb light.

Welcome! It’s a good start...from what I can see right now the biggest thing is more horizontal branches and more foliage/plants. How far is that basking branch from the top? Looks pretty close to the uvb light.

Thank you. I woukd say basking branch is about 6inchs away but I am looking to get one of the lamp stands to take the heat lamp off the mesh.

Also since he’s a veiled and they sometimes eat their plants you should probably switch to live plants

Ok that’s a good idea! The linear uvb light is that a T5? It looks like that vine goes right up to it. If it’s sitting on top of the cage the uvb will likely be too high in that area. You have to take in to account the casque and when he gets bigger. If it is I would lower that too. Also, I have a reptibreeze for one of my chams and bought dragon strand ledges. They help immensely with being able to add horizontal branches and plants.
https://dragonstrand.com/dragon-ledges/

Ok since it’s on the shorter side I would slide the linear light to the front where it’s not sitting right on top of the vine in the corner. Vs having to move the vine down. Does that make sense? Lol

Ok since it’s on the shorter side I would slide the linear light to the front where it’s not sitting right on top of the vine in the corner. Vs having to move the vine down. Does that make sense? Lol
Yes that does thank you. I also like the dragon ledges are they available in the UK.

I have heard someone in the UK makes a product that is very similar to the dragon ledges. Only, I cannot remember who makes them....

I bet if you start a new thread asking that, someone would know.

Back
Top Bottom