Hey! I’m new here and I have a veiled chameleon

Vivinobles.008

My chameleon is named pascal, he is very interesting. He likes to be held but only sometimes. Just now he got stuck on my shirt and just sat there, yes I am new to chameleons

Welcome, and it’s great to hear from you! If there’s anything we can do to help you on this awesome journey, let us know.

My chameleon is named pascal, he is very interesting. He likes to be held but only sometimes. Just now he got stuck on my shirt and just sat there, yes I am new to chameleons
you said he... but the chameleon in your pictures is a she i would think... where did you think he was a he??

This is the reply you posted before

A female Veiled chameleon who I’ve had since September and is a little over a year

I rarely handle her because she is a school pet

I feed her around 4-5 super worms crickets usually dusted in calcium everyday

I use zoo med Calcium and vitamins and I dust the food most of the time

I just bought a new mister and I used a spray bottle to spray her whole entire cage every single day for around a minute are usually see her drink some water but I have to get to my work really quick After I take care of her

she usually stays bright green and sometimes turns brown when my teacher yells but that’s only a certain teacher. Her poo is normal and is whitish yellow. She has not been tested for parasites as I know of

I got her from Petco as a healthy Chamaeleon she has been fine except for the past week when she didn’t get enough water but now she’s doing better

Her cage is a screen and I forget the dimensions

i’m using a zoo med double light and a a tropical fixture by slimline.Are usually leave the light on all day and night because I can’t turn it off at night but now that she’s home I’ll turn it off at night

Her temperature is usually from 69 to 73 in her cage. I don’t know what it gets overnight but I use a thermometer that goes in her cage and sits on top of it so I can tell the temperature

I don’t really know about the humidity but it’s usually really warm and wet in there until the water dries up and then I usually just spray it againthat’s all I know

Are use three fake plants and some moss all around her cage

Right now her cage is in my living room but soon to be in my room which is a quiet space for her.The cage is on a 5 foot person about to their waist

I am in Maryland

So first of all. Your chameleon is female and female chameleons are just like chickens. They lay eggs no matter what. Meaning she will need to lay some eggs. You need a minimum 12x12x12 bin filled with sand and soil mixed with water damp enough to hold a tunnel. She will dig and lay her eggs in the hole and cover it up....

Second you should have calcium with d3 and calcium without d3. Calcium without d3 needs to be dusted every single day. Calcium with d3 needs to be dusted every other week. Alternating weeks multivitamin is needed.

Third you should mist a MINIMUM of 2 mins twice to three times a day. Once in the morning and once at night.

Fourth you told me you got the chameleon kit. That cage is too small. The min for a female is 18x18x36, the optimum would be 24 by 24 by 48.

Fifth her temp should be 85 degrees at the basking spot and ambient should be lowest 70. Turn all lights off at night. They like a temperature drop at night.

Sixth you need a digital hydrometer to measure the correct humidity.

Seventh veiled are known to eat some vegetation and so you should get real plants that are non toxic instead of the fake ones that can cause possible impaction.

Eighth and last point more like question... How did she go from class pet to Your house??

Back
Top Bottom