Herptivite vs repashy plus lod

Uri

Avid Member
So I’ve been analyzing mulivitamins on recommendation of Sean mccneely for hoehnelii from repashy plus lod to reptivite as he said his hoehnelii have been brought back from similar symptoms as mine with this and he’s unsure why but I’ve been looking and it seems that repashy kid is about 8,000 ius per pound for both d3 and vitamin a while reptivite is 10,000 ius per pound if d3 and 90,000 ius of vitamin a and Ik there’s other differences but would you guys say this is accurate?

I don't know what all is in the the repashy...and I don't know the form of vitamin A in it. Herptivite has vitamin A from beta carotene only. (Beta) carotenes are PrOformed sources of vitamin A and need to be converted to be useful to the chameleon. However...
It's said that some/all chameleons may not convert beta carotene into preformed vitamin A well or even at all...so if you're doing this because of an eye issue, for instance, switching from repashy (if it has preformedsources of vitamin A only, to Herptivite, your saying your chameleon is getting too much vitamin A then?

I don't know what all is in the the repashy...and I don't know the form of vitamin A in it. Herptivite has vitamin A from beta carotene only. (Beta) carotenes are PrOformed sources of vitamin A and need to be converted to be useful to the chameleon. However...
It's said that some/all chameleons may not convert beta carotene into preformed vitamin A well or even at all...so if you're doing this because of an eye issue, for instance, switching from repashy (if it has preformedsources of vitamin A only, to Herptivite, your saying your chameleon is getting too much vitamin A then?
Oh that’s actually the wrong one herptivite is the one with the blue label that says no vitamin a you’re talking about what I’m talking about is reptivite with the Jackson’s chameleon on it this one already has preformed vitamin a and more of it than repashy from what I’ve been able to see

Attachments

• A425AA04-5F8C-4E6E-931C-3996ACC48E9C.png
    A425AA04-5F8C-4E6E-931C-3996ACC48E9C.png
    384.1 KB · Views: 68
  • BE7681D0-4814-4D05-A103-3F43F6DF7797.png
    BE7681D0-4814-4D05-A103-3F43F6DF7797.png
    425.1 KB · Views: 59
So I’ve been analyzing mulivitamins on recommendation of Sean mccneely for hoehnelii from repashy plus lod to reptivite as he said his hoehnelii have been brought back from similar symptoms as mine with this and he’s unsure why but I’ve been looking and it seems that repashy kid is about 8,000 ius per pound for both d3 and vitamin a while reptivite is 10,000 ius per pound if d3 and 90,000 ius of vitamin a and Ik there’s other differences but would you guys say this is accurate?
Here’s what I can find after a quick look.
Repashy LoD:
2979435F-D26E-44CA-A8A2-C78A9EDB131B.jpeg

Reptivite with D3:
675C9615-0815-450D-A4FA-8109275ABFE2.jpeg

Both have fat soluble vitamin content of roughly 100:10:1 A:D:E, but Reptivite is about 20-25% higher across the board.

Reptivite appears to have a higher content of % calcium, and a 2:1 Ca to phosphorus ratio. I can’t tell what the Ca to P is on repashy from this.

Reptivite has a lot more information about water soluble vitamins and amino acid profiles. Versus repashy LoD which mentions some water soluble vitamins and then lists many other additives that likely have a lot of beta-carotene’s and probably several water soluble vitamins, but doesn’t list them as succinctly as Reptivite seems to.

Repashy lists Mg amino acid chelate, but little about the profile of the amino acids

Those are the first things I notice when comparing their ingredients. Did you switch from Reptivite to Repashy, or from Repashy to Reptivite?

Here’s what I can find after a quick look.
Repashy LoD:
View attachment 325196
Reptivite with D3:
View attachment 325197

Both have fat soluble vitamin content of roughly 100:10:1 A:D:E, but Reptivite is about 20-25% higher across the board.

Reptivite appears to have a higher content of % calcium, and a 2:1 Ca to phosphorus ratio. I can’t tell what the Ca to P is on repashy from this.

Reptivite has a lot more information about water soluble vitamins and amino acid profiles. Versus repashy LoD which mentions some water soluble vitamins and then lists many other additives that likely have a lot of beta-carotene’s and probably several water soluble vitamins, but doesn’t list them as succinctly as Reptivite seems to.

Repashy lists Mg amino acid chelate, but little about the profile of the amino acids

Those are the first things I notice when comparing their ingredients. Did you switch from Reptivite to Repashy, or from Repashy to Reptivite?
I’m going to switch from repashy to reptivite huh I forgot where I saw but it showed repashy lod having much lower vitamin a than this does

I’m going to switch from repashy to reptivite huh I forgot where I saw but it showed repashy lod having much lower vitamin a than this does
I copied that off their website. You will be adding more of all of the fat soluble vitamins by switching from Repashy to Reptivite by a fairly significant percent

I’m sure you already have, but also consider your feeder variety and your feeder’s food variety as well. I think there’s definitely value in varying the bugs you feed daily/weekly and varying your feeder’s food daily/weekly as well

I copied that off their website. You will be adding more of all of the fat soluble vitamins by switching from Repashy to Reptivite by a fairly significant percent

I’m sure you already have, but also consider your feeder variety and your feeder’s food variety as well. I think there’s definitely value in varying the bugs you feed daily/weekly and varying your feeder’s food daily/weekly as well
I have been lacking in gutloading mostly using repashy bug burger as the main but i could do with more sweet potatoes etc. In terms of feeder variety I could be feeding more but some of the variety I’d wish to add my chameleons tend to not like especially the treat bugs like meal/super worms, hornworms and they’ve kinda stopped on soldier fly larvae too sadly

Are you sure about your numbers for repashy. The standard across almost all brands is A:D3:E is usually 100:10:1.

Ugh! Sorry, an emoji appeared in my previous reply. The ratio of 100 parts A to 10 parts D3 to 1 part E is almost universal.

I have been lacking in gutloading mostly using repashy bug burger as the main but i could do with more sweet potatoes etc. In terms of feeder variety I could be feeding more but some of the variety I’d wish to add my chameleons tend to not like especially the treat bugs like meal/super worms, hornworms and they’ve kinda stopped on soldier fly larvae too sadly
Just something to consider: Bug burger contains A and D3. So that additional source of fat solubles should be taken into account in your supplement schedule. As for gutloading, there are at least two distinct understandings of the term ‘gutload’. I’m happy to share my understanding of the distinction and why it matters, but I have found that preparing a bug food from fresh ingredients to be beneficial.

I definitely understand having trouble with variety when they turn everything down. For my Hoehnelii they ate silkworms, mealworms, very small discoid and Dubia roaches, green and blue bottle flies (favorites). BSFL, but they likes black soldier flies even more. Fruit flies, bean beetles….Red runner roaches are great, they’re small, soft bodied, and reproduce fast if you want to produce your own
Our bug lord James recommended ember roaches to me for my F. willsii which are similar sized to the Hoehnelii, and I’m planning to start a colony
I guess I’m saying there’s lots of options out there

And if you’ve ever seen @Kaizen make gutload, you’ll be impressed. And then he’ll talk about high-quality feeding of feeders and gutloading. Hopefully it won’t raise any any spirits, but it might 😂

I definitely understand having trouble with variety when they turn everything down. For my Hoehnelii they ate silkworms, mealworms, very small discoid and Dubia roaches, green and blue bottle flies (favorites). BSFL, but they likes black soldier flies even more. Fruit flies, bean beetles….Red runner roaches are great, they’re small, soft bodied, and reproduce fast if you want to produce your own
Our bug lord James recommended ember roaches to me for my F. willsii which are similar sized to the Hoehnelii, and I’m planning to start a colony

And if you’ve ever seen @Kaizen make gutload, you’ll be impressed. And then he’ll talk about high-quality feeding of feeders and gutloading. Hopefully it won’t raise any any spirits, but it might 😂

Spirits aside, there’s a palpable catharsis to blending all the veggies and fruit into that green goo. It’s likely some kind of tacit pride that I’ve spent so much time preparing such healthy fare. The reality that my bugs eat it, while I clog my arteries with wings and pizza is conveniently ignored.

I have trouble finding silkworms in my area at least ones of a good size all my reptiles love them I am getting into various roach species my orange head roach colony I have isn’t reproducing wuickly so I haven’t fed them off I also have little Kenyan roaches that I’m trying to raise to feed off as well but I want the colony to be big so I don’t have to worry about not having enough

I have trouble finding silkworms in my area at least ones of a good size all my reptiles love them I am getting into various roach species my orange head roach colony I have isn’t reproducing wuickly so I haven’t fed them off I also have little Kenyan roaches that I’m trying to raise to feed off as well but I want the colony to be big so I don’t have to worry about not having enough
Awesome! Kenyans are also on my list to get a colony going

Back
Top Bottom