Herpstat 1 vs. Herpstat 1 Basic

Grayson Payne

Avid Member
So I think that I am finally going to cave in and get a herpstat! Currently, I only have one chameleon and don't plan on getting another one any time soon (I don't even have space for another ? ). Because of this, I am just planning on getting the single herpstat for right now. I saw on their website that the basic comes without the humidity control, hardware internal clock and safety relay feature. Personally, I wouldn't use the humidity controls because I have a mistking and wouldn't want to mist more often than I have to. With this being said, do you guys think that the basic or regular herpstat would be better?

You want a regular if you will have a fleet of herpstats and want them all to match.
You want a basic if you want the herpstat to turn and off stuff on a daily cycle

You want an EZ1 if you want to maintain a constant temp while the unit is on, and will be using a lamp timer or other external source to turn on and off the heat source.

You want a regular if you will have a fleet of herpstats and want them all to match.
You want a basic if you want the herpstat to turn and off stuff on a daily cycle

You want an EZ1 if you want to maintain a constant temp while the unit is on, and will be using a lamp timer or other external source to turn on and off the heat source.
What do you mean by "want them all to match"? ?

What do you mean by "want them all to match"? ?

herpstat ones you can calibrate so they all measure the same, and match each other. Hmm looks like they updated them, so now even basic "Sensor Matching allows the user to digitally calibrate the sensor output to match other equipment. "

In all honesty the "safer because of cutt off relay" doesnt make sense. So that means they sell "unsafe" equipment at a lower cost if you want to roll the dice?

I dont care for the bells and whistles, i use them to run either a heating pad/tape or a basking light, so i just load up on the EZ1s. They have been making that for 25 years. Kinda wish i could find my old one from the 1990's.

herpstat ones you can calibrate so they all measure the same, and match each other. Hmm looks like they updated them, so now even basic "Sensor Matching allows the user to digitally calibrate the sensor output to match other equipment. "

In all honesty the "safer because of cutt off relay" doesnt make sense. So that means they sell "unsafe" equipment at a lower cost if you want to roll the dice?

I dont care for the bells and whistles, i use them to run either a heating pad/tape or a basking light, so i just load up on the EZ1s. They have been making that for 25 years. Kinda wish i could find my old one from the 1990's.
Hmm. I wonder what the safety feature is. I really have no idea which one to get...

Theres tons of configuration with the herpstat but i dont use it - I just maintain temps. The basic is just a nob - cant go wrong. I spent almost a grand on 2 herpstat 4s, the basic would have been far less. If you’ll use all the bells and whistles go for the full blown model.

Theres tons of configuration with the herpstat but i dont use it - I just maintain temps. The basic is just a nob - cant go wrong. I spent almost a grand on 2 herpstat 4s, the basic would have been far less. If you’ll use all the bells and whistles go for the full blown model.
Do you have any idea what the “safety relay feature” is? Or the internal hardware clock? Those are the only things left out that I’m wondering about.

Back
Top Bottom