Help! What gender??

Kayla Wicklund

I get these Jackson’s about two months ago (they’re about 4-5 months old now) but this guys horns are alot smaller than his brother. Ik need to know if I need to switch his name from Rico to rica

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 90
Dang it! It was supposed to be two boys because I’m still pretty new with babies. How can I keep them from producing them?
I actually edited my post because I think I see 3 tiny horns, which may be a boy, but I'm no expert. I've read that sometimes females can have tiny horns. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I understand it can cause stress but cages are expensive. I actually made my own and it’s 2.5ftx3ftx2ft they’re still young and I take them out to eat. I’ll separate them when they get older so they don’t inbreed. Does that sound acceptable?

They’d really be better off alone. pretty sure they will stress each other out. Also, that isn’t a ton of room For 3, even if they could be housed together. The minimum recommended size for a veiled or panther (idk bout Jackson’s but prob same?) is 2 by 2 by 4 ft.

Can you build a divider? The day in day out stress of being stuck in the same territory will begin to affect their health.
The cage size depends on the sub species of Jackson. Xanths especially the Kenyan imports will need 2x2x4' as adults. Jack Jacks would love that size but can manage in a 18x18x36" if done properly.
You have a xanth but I can't tell if Hawaiian or Kenyan.

It’s Hawaiian. They are not imported, I’m from hawai so they’re from here as well. I have no idea how I would divide the cage but I could try I guess

Back
Top Bottom