HELP!! Something wrong w chameleon

Sewellau1

So I thought I had a boy chameleon for the longest time but found out she was a girl. She’s 7 months old. When I figured this out I added a bowl with sand to her enclosure. For the past week or so she’s been acting different (constant black marks) but has still been eating and drinking. This morning she was fine and basking and then I go in to feed her and she’s on the ground of her enclosure pretty dark and not moving. I am scared something is wrong with her, I’ll attach pictures.

Attachments

• BEA61139-E842-48AD-8EDE-466638ECA344.jpeg
    BEA61139-E842-48AD-8EDE-466638ECA344.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 104
Can you please post pics of your entire cage including the lighting and your girl along with images of the lay bin you put in?
Did you remove her from the bottom? Looks like a tight space. She may have gotten down and could not get herself back out.

When my girl acted like this it was from severe dehydration. I am not saying that that is the issue with your chameleon, but if she is too weak to climb or move i would try taking a small syringe/dropper and getting some water into her system. In very small amount, might I add, because she might want to drink much more than her stomach can handle and will vomit it up.
Can she climb and are her eyes open?

Back
Top Bottom