Help Sexing pygmy Chams

jojothefirst

Hi,
For my birthday today I had 3 pygmy chameleons bought for me!!!
I have wanted them for for a few weeks but was flat told it wasnt going to happen so I have done next to no research..... I have kept veileds for a while now so have experince but im aware pygmys are very different.

now.......Im told these are 2 females and 1 male but can you tell if thats right and if so, which is which please.
Also how do you tell? not obvious as veilds lol.

Also, any good care sheets would be appreciated.

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

Really, I am on my phone and the pics are small. I will guess again after I log on to the pc.

Can't tell, male, male.

all look female to me too ; )

check out www.pygmychameleon.co.uk

always happy to help over there!

They all look female to me. Maybe better pics.

Theres at least 1 female as I there were some eggs in there viv a few days ago....and unless they can lay infertile eggs like veileds can, there must 1 male aswell.
I will try get better pics when they wake up.

How do you tell there sex? is it to do with the size of there tail?

I concur with the three female consensus. Sorry!

Males are a little smaller than females, and their dorsal crest is spikier, and the tail slightly longer.

I thought girl, boy, boy. Because the last two have pretty long tails. My girls have just little stubs. I'm newer to pygs but my boys look very different than my girls though. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure. :)

I concur with the three female consensus. Sorry!

Males are a little smaller than females, and their dorsal crest is spikier, and the tail slightly longer.

No need to be sorry lol,
Can they lay infertile clutches like veileds can as I have eggs!
or could they have been mated before arriving with me?

I would also say all 3 are females..

Also if they are all wild caught, then I would say that she was already gravid when you got her.
Good luck with the eggs.

All girls. When you get wild caught there is a good chance that at least one will be pregnant. Now you have to read up on pygmy baby care (if you are new to pygmies). Have fun! :D

3 females, mostly look at the tail size, males have longer tails, with these 3 animals tails are all the same. There is more differences in size but tails is the best way to see it in my opinion.

Anybody able 2 guess at there by seeing there size compared 2 my finger?
They were bought from a reptile shop so would hope that they weren't wild caught.

I took this pic today....the 1 on the right looks different today...... Idoubt he is a he, but thought he might be with these different colours!
IMAG0086.jpg

Both Females! : ( look nice and healthy though. Id say these were adults. the first looks like she may be gravid.

Back
Top Bottom