Help Please

CruelFish06

Hello I have had my chameleon for almost a year know and kept various reptiles before him. I set this guy up with a proper cage with plenty of hiding spaces, food, and a misting system. However this past week I noticed he looks very Ill, his eyes are sunken in, his colors seem to be white, he is reacting less, and know has his eyes closed during the day. I am really worried that he is not going to recover. If you have any advice to help him please let me know. Id feel horrible if he died.
image.jpg

Oh dear. :( I would advise taking him to a good vet asap for diagnosis and care.
We can review all of your husbandry and see if the problem is there, but first he needs a vet.

Here is an old picture I could get a better picture later if u need

Attachments

• 7754E553-6B20-4609-853C-EF651BF2F258.jpeg
    7754E553-6B20-4609-853C-EF651BF2F258.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 44
Once you have your vet appointment and have time, if you’d like to review all of your care, just copy & paste with your answers. I always provide my vet with a written copy of the same info to save playing twenty questions.

Once you have your vet appointment and have time, if you’d like to review all of your care, just copy & paste with your answers. I always provide my vet with a written copy of the same info to save playing twenty questions.
Do you have any idea of what could be wrong with him

The first place we look when a chameleon is sick is husbandry - is the chameleon getting all of its needs met properly/correctly. There’s a ton of misinformation out there that too many people fall victim to. If all husbandry is perfect, then something is going on and it could be anything from parasites to cancer which are not things we can do anything about on line. We are not vets…just fellow keepers.

Back
Top Bottom