Help please

Should I be worried about her getting cold???
Well if she is away from the lights and the temp is low at the bottom of the cage, then yes i would think so. That is why you need to rig up a hospital cage/bin. It is also smart to get her seperated from your other cham so it doesnt go downhill too or mess with your sick one. if you have a starter cage that u arent using, use that. Yourbody heat is perfect for warming her upslowly. Heating pads under bins can burn as they are geared for humans. And even low temps are over 100 and can cause contact burns thru the bins bottom. But if you go that route put towels over it. If your cham will sit on you, what i do is get my cham, lie down, set him on my stomach/chest area and cover him with the blanket and he will lie with me, he usually goes to sleep, while i watch tv and he gets warmed up. We have a close relationship and he knows he is safe with me so this might not work for you. Also, call so reptile stores in your area for vet referrals. Usually vets that deal with birds (avian) also deal with reptiles. Get on the computer now and on the phone in the morn and leave messages for call back. Tell them you are available to come in right away if anyone cancels or there are no shows if no appts are open right away. Egg bound is very possible. Try hand feeding her her fav treats too. She is to weak or in too much pain to hunt. Do you have any hornworms? They have a lot of fliud and are eady to digest. BTW ordering lights on amazon is cheaper and faster. Sending healing energey your way.

Well if she is away from the lights and the temp is low at the bottom of the cage, then yes i would think so. That is why you need to rig up a hospital cage/bin. It is also smart to get her seperated from your other cham so it doesnt go downhill too or mess with your sick one. if you have a starter cage that u arent using, use that. Yourbody heat is perfect for warming her upslowly. Heating pads under bins can burn as they are geared for humans. And even low temps are over 100 and can cause contact burns thru the bins bottom. But if you go that route put towels over it. If your cham will sit on you, what i do is get my cham, lie down, set him on my stomach/chest area and cover him with the blanket and he will lie with me, he usually goes to sleep, while i watch tv and he gets warmed up. We have a close relationship and he knows he is safe with me so this might not work for you. Also, call so reptile stores in your area for vet referrals. Usually vets that deal with birds (avian) also deal with reptiles. Get on the computer now and on the phone in the morn and leave messages for call back. Tell them you are available to come in right away if anyone cancels or there are no shows if no appts are open right away. Egg bound is very possible. Try hand feeding her her fav treats too. She is to weak or in too much pain to hunt. Do you have any hornworms? They have a lot of fliud and are eady to digest. BTW ordering lights on amazon is cheaper and faster. Sending healing energey your way.
Once again, i dont have females so take my advice with that in mInd.

A member here uses this vet.
Mid-Michigan, USA

Cedar Creek Veterinary Clinic (Williamston, MI) - 20 minute drive from East Lansing, 30 from Lansing, ~ 40-45 from Ann Arbor, ~ 1:20 from Grand Rapids (I know the Californians drive further!)

Accredited reptile vets Drs R Beasley and Nolan; Dr. C Beasley is a bird vet (small animal practice as well)

Chameleon experience; they do all the veterinary work for Preuss Pets, a good local petstore with a large reptile selection.

So sorry to hear that.
How's the jacksons chameleon?
Uromastyx?
I think you should talk about their care so we can help you with them before they die too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom