Help my Chameleon does not want to eat, drink, and only sleeps in one spot help!!!!!!

Ghiddy

I haven’t seen him eat his crickets and I have tried to give it to him right in front of him but he doesn’t have a lot of energy and he can’t drink either so yesterday I had to put him right next to the dripper and he won’t get up from one spot. He looks so weak that I can feel some of his bones
1CB0B321-3662-4FF2-80BF-E1A1625DD08A.jpeg
1CB0B321-3662-4FF2-80BF-E1A1625DD08A.jpeg
A75FD7CC-961F-4ADD-8DA5-EB84DD7665B0.jpeg
A75FD7CC-961F-4ADD-8DA5-EB84DD7665B0.jpeg

Ok so part of his issue is that he does not have the correct UVB lighting. He needs a T5HO linear fixture and a 5.0 UVB bulb. I am just about to go out but I am tagging another very experienced keeper. @MissSkittles

Can you copy and paste this form into your reply and fill it out with as much detail as possible please?

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
--------------
Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom