Help me find (in stock) Arcadia D3 6% UVB T5 Bulb - 46"

BryanP

Avid Member
I've looked at all my regular places and I cant seem to find any in stock.

With everything going on i want to have 1 or 2 extras on hand.

Can anyone link me to 1 in stock?

Last edited:
Didn't find Arcadia in 48" but did find Reptisun

https://www.lllreptile.com/products/22473-zoo-med-repti-sun-46-t5-50-high-output-uvb-bulb

1634141990128.png

Last edited:
I was unable to find them and went with ZooMED from Chewy. They have been so hard to find I ordered 3 for backup.

I was unable to find them and went with ZooMED from Chewy. They have been so hard to find I ordered 3 for backup.
So!!!! I should I be expecting a free birthday gift? (not even close to b-day)... :) (y) kidding once again--- Thanks for the info

Question for anyone: I dabbled in salt and freshwater for many years. We used double and quads for number of bulbs.
Does more bulbs not effect uvb amount or was the multiple bulbs for area purposes..

Reason I ask is because it seems some of the double hoods are the same price. I do not have anything to measure output.. Thanks!

Thoughts on Reptisun Vs Arcadia?

I guess if its a matter of No light vs having it the Reptisun is better than nothing...
Reptisun is fine. The difference is in the longevity of the bulb vs arcadia. Other than that I don't believe there is a difference in output.

So!!!! I should I be expecting a free birthday gift? (not even close to b-day)... :) (y) kidding once again--- Thanks for the info

Question for anyone: I dabbled in salt and freshwater for many years. We used double and quads for number of bulbs.
Does more bulbs not effect uvb amount or was the multiple bulbs for area purposes..

Reason I ask is because it seems some of the double hoods are the same price. I do not have anything to measure output.. Thanks!
From what I can tell it does not work in a double up fashion. If I hold my solarmeter under UV and get a reading then add a second my readings do not go up significantly at all. It seems to be different than PAR where we add more light to get more. Because it is a percentage of light I believe more doesn't change it because it is still 6% of a total. This is just my understanding I do not know if it is correct. But I did do the measurement part. I actually use 2 UV bulbs, but it is to cover more surface area. I use 46" over main and for basking, which comes out past the fluorescents, I use a MV bulb. Again where the two lights combine there is no increase in UVB, but I bet if I could measure PAR that would exist.

Thoughts on Reptisun Vs Arcadia?

I guess if its a matter of No light vs having it the Reptisun is better than nothing...

They are carbon copy. It wouldnt be a losers bet to wager that they are made at the exact same german plant, neither arcaida nor zoomed "make" bulbs. There is not a magical reptile bulb factory:p ive ran both, and they both meter the same, and age the same.

They are carbon copy. It wouldnt be a losers bet to wager that they are made at the exact same german plant. ive ran both, and they both meter the same, and age the same.
I suspect this. I feel like arcadia plays the warranty game a bit. The guarantee 1yr,but we recommend 9 months because without a solarmeter we cant tell. I do expect the zooMed to last just as long honestly.

When topics like this come up it is so informational when experience trumps words on a paper or sellers point of view.. Thanks so much..
With LED becoming popular it has me thinking UPGRADE mode. Not enough info yet..
Thanks for all the info.

Back
Top Bottom