Help me choose a feeder size

suprdude

Avid Member
I'm getting a panther chameleon soon and can't decide which one of these size feeders is best. I want the smallest possible feeder for esthetic reasons. My enclosure is about 6 feet wide x 3-1/2 feet tall x 2-1/2 feet deep.

feeder.jpg

I'm getting a panther chameleon soon and can't decide which one of these size feeders is best. I want the smallest possible feeder for esthetic reasons. My enclosure is about 6 feet wide x 3-1/2 feet tall x 2-1/2 feet deep.
Then go with the smallest one. I say that because I made one from two inch PVC that's worked fine.
For aesthetics, you can also remove whatever feeder you choose after feeding time.

OTOH, for a feeder that will (likely) allow the fewest (or no) escapes, I'd go with a transparent/translucent cylinder/tube with the bottom sealed. You want a cylinder of small enough diameter that the crickets can't jump out, while not so deep that your cham's tongue can't YOINK! them out. ;)

For other than crickets (roaches, worms), some of us use these (Petco). They clip on & off quite easily (but crix will jump out).
1643902908255.png

This one is opaque, but my cham can still see from the sides & bottom if there's food inside.

Last edited:

View attachment 319384
I personally like the ones with the green backing to them... Your feeders are going to be more visible against that. Because of the design of this one being more enclosed and the size of your cage you could do a 4 inch so there is more of an opening.

Sorry, I realized it was out of respect for a site sponsor. I'm kind of figuring out how things work 😅

They are beautiful... I still can't figure out how they have them attaching to the cage though.

1. How do they attach to the enclosure?

If it’s a screened enclosure, our feeders are equipped with two sets of dual pins. Those go through your screen and a locking backing holds the feeder tight against the screen. If it’s a glass enclosure, we recommend to mount the feeder to a shelf, rail, large branch or in some cases, even a large vine can work. They can literally be used in any setup.​

1. How do they attach to the enclosure?​

If it’s a screened enclosure, our feeders are equipped with two sets of dual pins. Those go through your screen and a locking backing holds the feeder tight against the screen. If it’s a glass enclosure, we recommend to mount the feeder to a shelf, rail, large branch or in some cases, even a large vine can work. They can literally be used in any setup.​

Ehhhh see now I would hate that in my enclosure then... At least my full throttle feeder has a magnet mount you can get for a solid side enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom