Help find 24x24 substrate tray?

@saradoggy10 your choice worked out so well!!! I wish we had a Menards here in Orlando.

Cutting off the edges of the hydroponics tray was OK. My boyfriend helped me out. We used the dragonstrand pvc bottom as a "pattern" to figure out how much to cut off and used a hacksaw blade. Less intimidating than a table saw for sure. We had to carefully finesse the tray into the cage. The screen sides were a little forgiving but had they been PVC it might've been tougher to get in there. I've ordered a root pouch to put inside this since my plants need a bit more height and we'll drill drainage holes in the hydroponics tray and pvc bottom. Just having some issues with stagnant water in my cham's current setup and want a better drainage solution thus time around.

View attachment 269357View attachment 269358View attachment 269359
That's gorgeous! Awesome work!

Little late to this one, sorry for bringing up an old thread. They do make 24” bags. You can get them dang near any size you need. Square, circle etc. For those who are using them, how are they working so far, and how are you draining?

Attachments

• 0C746EA8-6E5E-44BC-8794-2B16CED86A76.png
    0C746EA8-6E5E-44BC-8794-2B16CED86A76.png
    363.2 KB · Views: 84
Little late to this one, sorry for bringing up an old thread. They do make 24” bags. You can get them dang near any size you need. Square, circle etc. For those who are using them, how are they working so far, and how are you draining?
All of the correct sized bags were out of stock and I didn’t want an indefinite wait, so I bought the 32” bags. I set one up and so far so good. I also have the bag from the bio dude that is too small set up and no problems there either. I have a layer of lava rock in the bottom of each and have put in quite a bit of soil, so no problems with drainage. I have drainage trays beneath each and on one I drilled a couple of holes and put a small container under to catch any excess and it has stayed empty. However, I think when stepdaughter moves out and I get my reptile room back, I’ll ditch the bags and build some nice bases for my bioactive.

Back
Top Bottom