Help! chameleon Scales ripped off.

I don't believe it is possible for a chameleon to rip its own skin. I've heard of them getting stuck in place by tape.
If they had used adhesive remover instead of force this might not have gone so badly. Most vets have some kind of adhesive remover on hand for use with medical tape.
KY works well for something like this too. Gently massage it in. Slow but works.

Just dont use coconut oil like some people around here we know!

I've seen some bad things on this site since I've joined a few months ago. But just when I thought I've seen it all, I come across this thread.

Wouldn't the pet shop had to have ripped the tape off the little guy to cause this. I wouldn't think the chameleon would have the strength to do this?
A kid opened the cage and pulled her out too aggressively. Sadly, it I caused this horrible injury.

Any updates on how she’s doing? Did you get her to the vets?
I had an appt with a vet at 9.a.m this morning, however last night around 1.a.m she started fading in and out of consciousness and convulsing. Sadly, she did not make it. Poor little girl. Lesson learned for everybody, dont ever use tape! This all could have been avoided! Thank you everybody for your help, i appreciate it so much!

I have small portions of baytrill and antibiotic ointment which I'm applying generously to keep it from drying.there are no exotic pet vets anywhere near me...but I will call a vet and ask about the suladiazine. Thank you!
I wouldn’t trust the pet store, they gave me possibly everything wrong, definitely the vet

Back
Top Bottom