Hello new here,question on habitat

Ive heard around 88 degrees fahrenheit and then a 10 degrees drop at night, and a basking spot around 95?

All this i am not sure as.. My chams cages temperatures in the center is 82 and 88 up top, and for his basking spot it is 94 and gets up to 96

she seems happy :)

Lights you should probably get at the pet store... im not sure about home depot (I could be wrong) Just make sure you get the right one..

Reptisun 5.0 Linear UVB Tube lighting.

:) Hope all this helps.. Im new to this too.

For an adult veiled, you will want a temperature gradient of 75 or so at the bottom, 80-85 ambient and a basking spot of 90-95. For a 3 month old veiled, you will want the basking temp to only be about 85 or less. They are more likely to burn themselves as babies or juveniles. They are also prone to dehydration and overheating.

You will do best to buy the ReptiSun 5.0 bulb at lllreptile.com (as already pointed out, do NOT get a spiral coil bulb- they are very dangerous. Get a long fluorescent tube), the fixture for the bulb at the hardware store, a clamp lamp at the hardware store, and just use a regular household incandescent lightbulb for basking.

Back
Top Bottom