Health Update

MegaWattz

For those unfamiliar with my postings last week seeking help for my guy Char: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/need-help-please.174374/

So after the vet visit and vitamin injections he seems to have gotten most of his spunk back.

Only thing is now, likely due to the daily antibiotic we seem to be on a very pissed off hunger strike. He's definitely drinking water but ignores both crickets and waxorms. I don't want to try superworms again because I think the size is what caused all the issues in the first place.

Probably the most notable change is he is in constant color flair. Where he is normally a dull green, his colors are always fiery now.

Thoughts? I'm thinking this is just a out patience the chameleon that's pissed about the extra handling for meds and just overall larger presence in the house due to covid. But maybe indicative of something else?

First image is right now, second is a couple days ago when he got his spunk back but wasn't pissed yet.

Attachments

• 20200415_103415.jpg
    20200415_103415.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200411_151004.jpg
    20200411_151004.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 58
Once or twice in all my years of keeping chameleons, I've seen chameleons do peculiar color changes or patterns when on Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole so that might be part of it. Some meds also affect the appetite....so I'm not surprised by that either.
If you're really concerned about it you can ask the vet.

Once or twice in all my years of keeping chameleons, I've seen chameleons do peculiar color changes or patterns when on Trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole so that might be part of it. Some meds also affect the appetite....so I'm not surprised by that either.
If you're really concerned about it you can ask the vet.

Thanks for the input! I just wanted to hear from someone with more experience if anything stuck out as particularly odd as recovery goes foward.

Back
Top Bottom