Hay

He sounds spoiled! LOL! My guys will do the same thing. It has not failed yet that if I don't feed them for a few days they will eat crickets again.

I don't want him to starve. :(

A healthy chameleon can go quite a long time without eating any food. What is its feeding schedule like and how old is he? If he is a nice healthy adult I would not feed him for 5 to 7 days and see if he will take a cricket at that time. My bet is he will;)

He's about 1 year and 3 months I feed him every morning about 6 superworms and about 10 cricket.

WHOA :eek: Thats a lot for a 15 month old cham. I would cut down on the supers and start feeding him about 10-12 crix (depending on size) everyother day.

You can go like 3-4 days without feeding him and when you put crix in there on the 5th day he will probably shoot at your hand (not really) but he will eat the crix..

My adult panther got hooked on superworms and will not touch a cricket or dubia. I order horn and silkworms and switch around. Make sure you gut load your supers, they chomp on anything. Use collard or turnip greens, shredded carrots, apples, oranges for hydration. Watch out for constipation too and he only needs 3-4 worms a day.

WHOA :eek: Thats a lot for a 15 month old cham. I would cut down on the supers and start feeding him about 10-12 crix (depending on size) everyother day.

You can go like 3-4 days without feeding him and when you put crix in there on the 5th day he will probably shoot at your hand (not really) but he will eat the crix..

At that age I would cut down to around 6 crix every other day or equivalent to. Of course a dubia is going to be more of a meal than a cricket;) I even make my chams go 3 or 4 days with little to no food here and there. It wont hurt them and IMO I think it is better for them to be a little under weight than over.

For his super addiction. Do not feed him for a week. Do not offer any crix etc. After a week offer him crix. If he doesnt eat them then I would wait even longer but maybe feed only a few supers and wait a few more days and try crix. Honestly, with the way its being fed now I bet he could go quite some time without food and no problems would arise. Would probably be good for him to go without provided he is a healthy adult. How about a picture?

Back
Top Bottom