Has she got eggs

Aussie lockie

Hi all,

This is my first female charm. Does anyone think she may have eggs? She is 6-7months old. Haven’t sorted a lay bin yet but will do it this week if needed.

Attachments

• 2CA3DF97-5B95-4206-A01D-004111259695.jpeg
    2CA3DF97-5B95-4206-A01D-004111259695.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 54
She is so cute! So when you do the lay bin, you need to get play sand. ?? You can buy it from Lowe's or hope depot. Fill up a box about 6-7 inches, so she can dig.

She is so cute! So when you do the lay bin, you need to get play sand. ?? You can buy it from Lowe's or hope depot. Fill up a box about 6-7 inches, so she can dig.

Cheers. I am in Europe so no Lowe’s. Will get some reptile sand as I can get that easily here. Any thoughts on if she has eggs though?

No to the reptile sand. It’s crystals are shaped differently and it’s a hazard. You should be able to get play sand like is used for children’s sand boxes. If not, some organic potting soil would be another option.

ok. Good to know!! I am sure I can find play sand. Just need to find the Spanish equivalent. Will the organic potting soil hold a tunnel ok? Could I plant my dracana plant in a large bin and make lay bin part of the enclosure?

She doesn’t look gravid to me. Has she been receptive yet? It’s when she would show all of her pretty colors/patterns and be really restless. When gravid, the colors/patterns usually change a bit, usually with the dots becoming more visible. Still prepare the lay bin and keep it permanently in her enclosure. That will avoid having to guess when she needs it.

ok. Good to know!! I am sure I can find play sand. Just need to find the Spanish equivalent. Will the organic potting soil hold a tunnel ok? Could I plant my dracana plant in a large bin and make lay bin part of the enclosure?
Yes to the plant. They actually prefer to lay against root balls.

Here’s pics of one of my girls when receptive and then gravid. Changes are very subtle and since her first cycle, she’s never gone back to plain green.
E85C4F99-FD1E-4A94-BD3D-29CA6D7EEC63.jpeg D95D9AC2-1FCD-40F1-ABF2-D557B795366F.jpeg

She doesn’t look gravid to me. Has she been receptive yet? It’s when she would show all of her pretty colors/patterns and be really restless. When gravid, the colors/patterns usually change a bit, usually with the dots becoming more visible. Still prepare the lay bin and keep it permanently in her enclosure. That will avoid having to guess when she needs it.

ok sweet.With or without the plant? We have only had her a week so I am not sure if she was receptive while she was at the shop. Most of the time she is just a pale green (which we love). When she is all pissy with me her patterns come out or she will go dark. At the moment she hides a lot and I am trying to only handle her every few days.

ok sweet.With or without the plant? We have only had her a week so I am not sure if she was receptive while she was at the shop. Most of the time she is just a pale green (which we love). When she is all pissy with me her patterns come out or she will go dark. At the moment she hides a lot and I am trying to only handle her every few days.
Yes to the plant. If using play sand, add a bit of soil for it. Plant it near or in the corner of the bin.

Back
Top Bottom