Has anyone tried?

jojackson

Dusting crickets with spirulina powder?
Im planning on an experiment to see if crix dusted with spirulina will be more attractive to my calyptratus Homer, who has a real penchant for green bugs.
I read something here somewhere about somebody doing it, thought I might give it a go. If hes still no more excited ill just use it for gutload instead. :)

Your thoughts?

Dusting crickets with spirulina powder?
Im planning on an experiment to see if crix dusted with spirulina will be more attractive to my calyptratus Homer, who has a real penchant for green bugs.
I read something here somewhere about somebody doing it, thought I might give it a go. If hes still no more excited ill just use it for gutload instead. :)

Your thoughts?

I do sometimes. But I don't know what to tell you. My chameleons favor the calcium/mineral dusted crickets when they are lightly powdered. So you could always mix the spirulina in with some of your mineral dust. Or you can just gutload with it.

I just said a bunch of nothing. But it's something, no? lol

I do sometimes. But I don't know what to tell you. My chameleons favor the calcium/mineral dusted crickets when they are lightly powdered. So you could always mix the spirulina in with some of your mineral dust. Or you can just gutload with it.

I just said a bunch of nothing. But it's something, no? lol

I do exactly this... mix the spirulina with my fine calcium supplement, which sticks to the algae very well. The chameleons show no palatable preference, but when I have dusted using purely spirulina, even my most selective jacksonii enthusiastically eats. Wings and green... two things chameleons can't resist!

Fabián

Thanks for the informative replies folks, Ill definately give it a go and report back!
Just one question Fabian, Is it a very fine powder? are there different grades? does it coat them well?

:)

I get mine in very, very, fine powder form at Whole Foods, or most recently, as pills from Central Market, as it was just mentioned, which I merely crush once or twice as it literally disintegrates into powder form. These are organic food stores, but you can find several brands selling it at a reasonable price-- I use the pills for my own consumption as well.

Fabian

Back
Top Bottom