happy yemen?

aaron1

When i first got my chameleon, at a few months old, she was moody and hid behind branches, not willing to be looked at. Now, ive come home from work and shes brown and on the floor. Concerned,ive picked her up. When i take her around the house with me she turns a bright,rich green with blue spots! Is it possible she likes human contact?if not,does anyone have any explanations for me?

Cheers!

ill be honest,her tank is in our living room which is usually calm but can get hectic.would she get used to a high traffic area?she only goes to the floor for short periods and is up in her branches 90percent of the time..

she shouldn't be in a tank, she needs to be in a screened enclosure so she can have air movement. You really should fill out the ask for help link like bigr said

Hello Arron and welcome to the forums! You will find a lot of usefull information here! Ive read all the threads you have started and would like to suggest that you take a look at the site I have linked below. This was created by one of our members here (Brad Ramsey) and some of the articles where also written by members. Ill be honest:eek: there are some things that you need to change ASAP to make your experience with your cham a pleasant one and to also ensure your cham lives a long healthy life.

I would also suggest you fill out the info sheet and repost it so we can help you get started on some things you may need to change. THere are a lot of experienced members here who will be glad to get you up to par:)

From what Ive read my main concerns right now would be your female on the floor and excessive handling. Her being on the floor could be caused by many things, One, if she is in a tank it could be way to hot for her in there. Glass tanks dont have great ventilation and hold heat in. Although keepers in Canada and UK have success with tanks they take the precautions to ensure proper temps and ventilation which can be a tough task. Her on the floor could also mean she is searching for a place to lay eggs. Did you know your female can lay eggs even if she has never even seen a male.

Handling: It seems some chams can tolerate being handled more than others but it is in the chams best interest to keep it at a minimum. These are amazing and rewarding pets but they are more of a visual pet than a pet to interact with. I have nice chams and mean ones and they all get handled the same amount. Only for cage cleaning, breeding, take outside in the summer, and overall health checks which is done when I deep clean the cages.

I hope you will take the time to read the site I provided and fill out the questionare (sp) We are all here to help you and make your chameleon experience as good as possible.

Again welcome!!!!

http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/

You said..."Now, ive come home from work and shes brown and on the floor"....does she have a suitable place in her cage to dig to lay eggs? Assuming its a veiled from your color description of the blue spots/green color? Veiled females can lay eggs without being mated and failure to provide a place for her to lay them can lead to eggbinding.

Picture too please....

A pictue of her too would help so we can see what her overall condition looks like and whether he colors indicate a gravid or a receptive condition.

Back
Top Bottom