Hangin Out

Raoul Duke

During the day I have been taking Mr Duke out of his terrarium and I made a little spot in the windowsill for him to hang out and get some real sun I live in central ohio and it is getting pretty warm and he seems to like it I just didnt know if this was really ok. any advice he is C. Calyptratus (veiled).

Lily is correct, UV rays are blocked by glass, and the heat can kill your chameleon if it gets too hot.

How long is he in the sun, how hot does it get, does he have access to water?

Sorry for all of the questions. :p

When it gets warm enough to open the window (there have been some days like that so far in Michigan, and you're south of us), that would be great - he can get the beneficial UV-B rays through the screen without the risk of being baked. (Either way, make sure he can access shade when he wishes.) I take my guy outside for full sunlight any time it's above 60/I can sit outside comfortably without a jacket; he usually basks for 20-40 minutes, then gets restless.

sorry couldn't see the replies until i posted that - hahah.

and no no we have the window up! so he hangs out on the scrpseen or on a piece of fabric i lay down for him to chill on.

ps// HES STILL NICE :)

ha has hissed like twice ever, but i get him out daily and talk to him nicely whenever i go to get him out, and he hasnt hissed since :) i think he enjoys coming out and he knows if he hisses he wont get to. haha.

Back
Top Bottom