Grow light safety

hi all, i have read multiple forums about this but i’m still unsure of weather or not the grow light i purchased will harm my chameleon. i will be adding the grow light in addition to the T5 UVB and basking bulb, so i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it is bad for my cham? i will attach a pic of the LED grow light. thank you!

Attachments

• 3AFBE997-AFF7-4994-8792-239674C703BB.jpeg
    3AFBE997-AFF7-4994-8792-239674C703BB.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 78
That is one of the ones I am using now. Over babies 1 month old, they are in bio active.
They are fine.

Much of the concern is unfounded. Where as there is a limit of course, as a rule they are no more sensitive than us. This means placement matters. If it is directly above, like the sun most of the day, there will be little issues. We are not brighter than the sun. Assuming you don't get ridiculous and put like 12 of those on.
Now if is on the side, or placed such that the Cham has to look at it, just like you it can do damage.

That is one of the ones I am using now. Over babies 1 month old, they are in bio active.
They are fine.

Much of the concern is unfounded. Where as there is a limit of course, as a rule they are no more sensitive than us. This means placement matters. If it is directly above, like the sun most of the day, there will be little issues. We are not brighter than the sun. Assuming you don't get ridiculous and put like 12 of those on.
Now if is on the side, or placed such that the Cham has to look at it, just like you it can do damage.
thank you for the info, the light will be on the top of the viv :)

Back
Top Bottom