Greenhouse Enclosure

KShook

Avid Member
Hello,

Does anyone have Greenhouse setups, is this a better way of keeping multipal Chams?! if you could please post pics to! :)

Hello,

Does anyone have Greenhouse setups, is this a better way of keeping multipal Chams?! if you could please post pics to! :)

I have been enjoying mine. Just posted a thread on misting and reverse osmosis which shows a little bit of my greenhouse. Not so much of the chameleon cages but you see a lot.

It's really only worth it if you can put in something like Solacryl to allow the UV in. The purpose to building a greenhouse for me was to protect the chameleons from weather changes and extreme conditions; to raise humidity without fear of ruining walls in our house; to allow unlimited water use; and to save on energy by not requiring light fixtures throughout the year.

Yeah, thats what I'm looking for as well, How did you install the lighting without it getting overly "WET" from the humidity?¿

Yeah, thats what I'm looking for as well, How did you install the lighting without it getting overly "WET" from the humidity?¿

Simple, I use the sun. :)

If you plan to install any lighting, I would highly recommend hiring an electrician. They will make sure your wires and connections are insulated properly from water.

Last edited:
ha okay the sun is easy enough. Now..I'm not to worried about the summer months is CA, but the winters can get a bit chilly..Do you have any suggestions on heating supplies that can be used?

ha okay the sun is easy enough. Now..I'm not to worried about the summer months is CA, but the winters can get a bit chilly..Do you have any suggestions on heating supplies that can be used?

I'm trying to get this solved right now. I haven't been ignoring you.

I was using a propane heater for the past few weeks. It works great but you have to have ventilation and worst of all, propane is NOT cheap.

Lucky for me, there is a gas line nearby. So I had the plumber tap into it and add a shut-off valve. Now I just need to put a conversion kit on the heater (from propane to gas nozzles) and we're in business. This was the least expensive method for now.

Back
Top Bottom