Got my cham a pothos for his enclosure.

kyle0417

Established Member
I got it from Walmart. Made sure to wash it in the shower and repot it with organic soil. Then I covered the soil with rocks. Now the humidity in his enclosure has jumped from 50% to 70%. Definitely happy.

Figured this would be a good time to ask about my husbandry: am I doing a good job?

I've been doing my best with school and work but it's not easy. Here's my daily schedule with Jeff.

Weekday Schedule:

7 AM: Wake up for school and feed him 7-8 medium sized crickets (herptivite dusted with calcium, no D3 except every other saturday I use reptivite). Mist his enclosure for about 2-3 minutes. Fill up the dripper and put it on a slow drip and then leave for school.

3-3:30 PM Get home from school. Mist his enclosure for another 2-3 minutes. Make sure the dripper is still well filled. Check on Jeffrey and see how he's doing. I also look at his poop all the time to make sure he's hydrated.

(I typically work Thur-Sun, 5-9 on weekdays and 3-9 on weekends.)

4:30 PM Mist his enclosure again.

9:00ish PM Turn his UV light off.

9:30ish PM Turn his basking bulb off.

Weekends:

Wake up around 9-10 AM. Feed my man Jeffrey. 7-8 crickets. Sometimes a mealworm just to mix it up a bit. (I know they're not a very good food to feed a cham, it's more of a snack every week or two. Just one.) Mist for 2-3 minutes.

12ish Mist him again.

2:30ish Mist him again. 2-3 minutes.

Get home at 9:15ish. Turn off his UV light.

9:30 Turn off his basking bulb.

He has a Reptisun 5.0 UVB, and a 100w incandescent light bulb. I feed his crickets carrots. I clean his cage pretty much every time I see a turd. Will attach a picture of his enclosure tomorrow because he's in bed.

If you put a timer on the uv and basking bulb you don’t have to worry about it much anymore

Forgot to mention that I have the zoo med reptifogger for humidity, it helps a lot since it’s hard to keep it at its percentage with the mesh cage. I really recommend it..gonna go buy a cute little umbrella plant or pothos for his enclosure tomorrow as well.

Attachments

• 7A880845-664D-438A-9945-09B4B6DA714F.jpeg
    7A880845-664D-438A-9945-09B4B6DA714F.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 160
Forgot to mention that I have the zoo med reptifogger for humidity, it helps a lot since it’s hard to keep it at its percentage with the mesh cage. I really recommend it..gonna go buy a cute little umbrella plant or pothos for his enclosure tomorrow as well.

Love the look of the enclosure! Is it all live plants?

Love it! I've been trying to figure out how I'm gonna do when I purchase my pothos to have it somewhere high on the enclosure. I'll probably try to just attach the container to the mesh of the screen with metal wiring. have you tried that? Looks good regardless and your chameleon is adorable! (y)

Love it! I've been trying to figure out how I'm gonna do when I purchase my pothos to have it somewhere high on the enclosure. I'll probably try to just attach the container to the mesh of the screen with metal wiring. have you tried that? Looks good regardless and your chameleon is adorable! (y)
Right?! I want a pothos but have no idea how I’m gonna do it.

Back
Top Bottom