Getting female Panther in the Mood...

SoCaliSon

Avid Member
I have a 9 month female Nosy Be that I bought with a Male Ambilobe/Nosy Cross in order to breed... The guy I bought them from had never bred them or even show them to one another. He said that she was showing her receptive colors though. She appeared like her colors were receptive and when I hold him in front of her cage he fires up and starts bobbing his head immediately, but she is obviously not receptive... She puffs up goes dark and turns to retreat. Is it just a timing thing, that I have to wait for her to look really "peachy" then let him at her, or could it be that she is intimidated by his size? She is normal size... but he is bigger than other panther males I have encountered... He is like double her size at least. Is there anything I can do to boost my fem's receptiveness? Should I try to put on some Marvin Gaye or something? Bottle of Wine? I feel bad killing his Mojo when she doesn't want it... If she doesn't put out soon I will be looking into picking up another female who is more willing for him. Here is some pics of the two...
100_5613.jpg

100_5659.jpg

I had figured that might be the case... I was definately going to weigh her before letting them do the deed just to make sure... The last thing I want is for my girly to get eggbound...Seeing as recomendations vary from what I have been reading what would you folks suggest as a target weight for her before I let her start dating?

I am still in the Market for an Ambilobe female ready to breed... If anyone knows of some available and could point me in the right direction.

Yeah.. Last Night I put a nice big tupperware container in there with organic soil just to make due... she hasn't digging at all... but I defiantly want to get a better bucket in the next couple days.

I can understand your situation Joe. You dont want her to lay an infertile clutch of eggs when she could lay a fertile clutch from your guy. That age is pretty tricky to catch her at the right time. How old is the guy? do you know how much he weighs? Best of luck to you.

Thanks Andrew... Actually since this thread she became receptive. She mated on July 5th, and on August 5th she layed 16 eggs! WooHoo! She just wasn't quite ready... I just had to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom