Evie091

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether my veiled chameleon is male or female. I'm also wondering what the age may be, as I am not sure. I feed them everyday and if it's a female I need to start scaling down feedings which is my main concern. I'm also still working on the enclosure so please bear with the setup.
IMG_20201208_192644.jpg
IMG_20201207_125035.jpg

I don't know....I see a little spur or is that a pimple? 5-6 months is my guess in age.

Last edited:
Now that you know the sex (female) get started on completing the enclosure. FYI that is something that should done before purchasing any reptile 🦎 especially a Chamelon.

Now that you know the sex (female) get started on completing the enclosure. FYI that is something that should done before purchasing any reptile 🦎 especially a Chamelon.
I definetly agree, it is something my family started getting the stuff for so I I am kind of scrambling to get the other things.

What should the feeding schedule be for them. I have seen a lot of different amounts and timings and also vitamin regimen, do I use earth pro a everyday or do I use calcium pro (arcadia) at every feeding. Is earth pro a classed as a multivitamin? Ive been researching for hours and am basically looking for some clarification.

What should the feeding schedule be for them. I have seen a lot of different amounts and timings and also vitamin regimen, do I use earth pro a everyday or do I use calcium pro (arcadia) at every feeding. Is earth pro a classed as a multivitamin? Ive been researching for hours and am basically looking for some clarification.
I havent used Arcadia supplments, but I know someone who has a good answer for you.
@Beman

Looks female to me.

Arcadia supplements.... Ok so you have Earthpro A this one is a calcium without D3 and some basic water soluble vitamins.
Then they have the Calcium MG. This one is Calcium without D3 and magnesium.
Then there is the Revitalise D3. This one is your multivitamin with Calcium with D3 and Vitamin A.

So this would be using all three of the arcadia products. The EpA is used as a Calcium without D3 so you use it at every feeding. Then you would rotate between the CalMg and the RevitaliseD3 at one feeding every week so that each of these are only given two times a month. At those feedings you do not use the EPA.

So if you do not use the CalMG then you would still only use the RevitaliseD3 two times a month say the 1st and the 15th then all other feedings would be the EP-A.

No mater the feeding schedule this would be the rotation. So if your skipping a feeding day you drop a day of using the EP-A.

This works out to be the same as the 8 feed cycle that Arcadia recommends. But much less work tracking it on a calendar.

Looks female to me.

Arcadia supplements.... Ok so you have Earthpro A this one is a calcium without D3 and some basic water soluble vitamins.
Then there is the Revitalise D3. This one is your multivitamin with Calcium with D3 and Vitamin A.

So this would be using all three of the arcadia products. The EpA is used as a Calcium without D3 so you use it at every feeding. Then you would rotate between the CalMg and the RevitaliseD3 at one feeding every week so that each of these are only given two times a month. At those feedings you do not use the EPA.

So if you do not use the CalMG then you would still only use the RevitaliseD3 two times a month say the 1st and the 15th then all other feedings would be the EP-A.

No mater the feeding schedule this would be the rotation. So if your skipping a feeding day you drop a day of using the EP-A.

This works out to be the same as the 8 feed cycle that Arcadia recommends. But much less work tracking it on a calendar.
Thank you very much for the help. I was getting pretty confused so this clears up a lot!

Arcadia have their supplement routine on their site also on dragon strand site

Looks female to me.

Do you know where you can get these ? Right now I’m using Flukers brand but much rather use theirs, can’t find it anywhere

Do you know where you can get these ? Right now I’m using Flukers brand but much rather use theirs, can’t find it anywhere
Morifeeders.com sells it and Dragonstrand sells it.
You need the Earthpro A and the revitalise D3 if they do not have the cal mg it is not as big of a deal not to use that one.

Back
Top Bottom