Friend Needs Help!

Why havent you persuaded him to come here for his chameleon needs? :p
We are more approchable to differing needs of chams in the UK ;)

Personally i would advise him to change the position of his dripper... having it drop on to a rock isnt all that good. That only gives the little guy one spot to drink from. Have it fall on to a plant, it has the opportunity to drip on to a number of leaves then.

He doesnt mention misting the enclosure, i know he showered the cham after noticing there was something wrong but misting twice a day will keep the humidity up and help the little guy with his shedding.

Make sure that bulb is down to a 5% and the basking temp! 90-95... that would be slowly cooking the little guy. That needs to come down.

Direct him here when he does his research :)

well hello there people, this is a cool 'lil forum aint it, thanx for the thread starter justin.

well...where to start, the rock is only there to prevent sheldon from falling in and drowning, plus he can hear the water splashing, which i'm told chams like to hear, he does drink from the drips he sees on the bottom of the carton, i've put a stick under it so he can reach, i'll get my hands on another little plant tho as i've heard dragon tree plants dont like too much water, which would you guys suggest? I've taken your advice and moved the light a few inches higher, away from the basking area and his basking spot has fallen to around 85c, theres still a nice gradient throughout tho, i've been misting with water which has been boiled and cooled to a useable level 3 - 4 times a day since the day i had him. i test the water before hand to make sure its not too warm.

i think he's about to start shedding very soon as he's gone a very light, almost cloudy colour in a few places, plus theres patches of skin looking "loose" if you will.

Welcome to the forum

Chams cant hear, so the splashing noise is wasted on him :)

There is a safe plant list on the forum, people tend to use Pothos, hibiscus, umberella trees and ficus

Hey Buddy!!haha
If you check the other forum tomorro the step by step will be on there for you!
Along with some other cheap how 2s lol

....well no wonder he wont come when i call him then!

i was obviously misled then, i've just done some further research and it seems you're right, some are able to communicate through vibrations but they're all completely deaf, dont i feel like a tit.

i'll keep going back to check out the other forum J but dont rush, he's quite content so far.

i'm almost finished with a new viv for him, its 3ft tall x 3ft wide x 2ft deep, i'm quite proud of it so far, it has loads of ventilation and looks quite nice, i found an old bed in my shed and my neighbour got a new shed, so i used some wood of his old one, tongue and groove panels so they fit perfectly, i'll upload some pics once its completely done.

Back
Top Bottom