Free range?

calvin

Hey I was going to make a free range for my chameleon. He is a panther. I was wondering if he needs a heat light and uvb on his free range if he gets uvb in his cage. Also does he need a heat lamp if I give him walking access to his cage?? What about Water? His cage is misted 4 times a day with a mist king and sometimes I run a dripper for him. I will always make sure he has access to his cage when he is in his free range

How long do you expect him to leave his cage on a daily basis? I would have both a basking and uvb bulb there regardless.

How long do you expect him to leave his cage on a daily basis? I would have both a basking and uvb bulb there regardless.
Possible a few hours. But he would always have full easy access to his cage.

The big question is how long he will be in the free range, if you are leaving that up to him you need heat and uvb in both. If you keep it minimal I would not worry about either.

Last edited:
When i used to free range my panther i used a mercury vapour bulb. 150W Zoomed powersun or a megaray.
Mine also had access back into enclosure if he wanted... Never did though. Always had to put him back.:D

Back
Top Bottom