Free Range for Veiled and Jacksons

veiled66

Here is my free range room, which happens to be my bedroom haha, for my veiled and jacksons chameleons. They are confined to the 2 ficus trees in the photo and they love it! Free range is the way to go!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 437
how do u deal with the UVB ??
as far as the brightness? or if they get enough? The brightness doesnt bug me too much but then again I am not really in my room during the day I am off at school or doing homework downstairs haha. As far as them getting enough they seem to be under it everytime I walk into my room, but I might buy a UVB strip for my jacksons setup since his is a wider setup than my veileds plus veileds are excellent baskers, my jacksons likes to hangout all around haha

ohh i c... sweet... just makes me wonder how the setup works... also how do u prevent them from getting OFF the tree.. like try to escape and roam around...the room

ohh i c... sweet... just makes me wonder how the setup works... also how do u prevent them from getting OFF the tree.. like try to escape and roam around...the room
They are very good about staying on there setups but to prevent a possible escape I have made it impossible to reach anything but I'm sure I'll be surprised with some bodies acrobatic skills haha...ya I mean it's trial and error right now but my veiled has been doing amazing for almost a month now his colors are more relaxed and light green and he grows so much faster now. They just love the space. They also tend to stay under there uvb lights since they know they need it they know where to get it but I am monitoring to see if I'll need a wider uvb for my jacksons.

wow.. u made me think..... hahahaha... but i guess i wont do it...tiny space here in HOngkong..so im stuck with my Glass cage..;) but would love to try...

Where did you get the light stand? And how do you deal with poop?
The light stands are both different but from the same place...unfortunately petco but where I live in a small town I don't have too many options...one stand is an adjustable one modified for the height of the ficus tree the other is a stick to glass type light stand which I have stuck to my wall and reinforced with duck tape. A lot of it is being resourceful and using your imagination which at times is so annoying because it's hard to get right but when it's complete its truly amazing! Soon I'm going to interconnect vines to my ceiling so they can explore around but with uvb being centralized to such a small area and what I have seen in the past they won't venture far from there light source at least in my experience...

You should get a UVB strip light. The CFL ones don't really put out much of anything.
hmmm I have currently on there a repti sun 5.0 flourescent you think I should go strip? my veiled stays under his a good amount of the day its my jacksons who I think will need the upgrade since he is under it less. I have one that emits more uvb a greater distance? I might install that one until I can get my hands on a strip light.

I would get the strip light. It would be better option for the size set up you have. Talk to Todd at lightyourreptiles.com. He is a pretty smart guy when it comes to reptile lighting.

I would get the strip light. It would be better option for the size set up you have. Talk to Todd at lightyourreptiles.com. He is a pretty smart guy when it comes to reptile lighting.
Bought a strip today and I am setting it up tomorrow to provide a larger area of uvb im also gonna move him into a 24X24X48 inch screen cage because his free range setup is starting to make me nervous about him getting sufficient UVB, water, food etc. works for my veiled just fine it seems but im moving my jackson to a cage. Thanks for the light advice!!!!! :)

Bought a strip today and I am setting it up tomorrow to provide a larger area of uvb im also gonna move him into a 24X24X48 inch screen cage because his free range setup is starting to make me nervous about him getting sufficient UVB, water, food etc. works for my veiled just fine it seems but im moving my jackson to a cage. Thanks for the light advice!!!!! :)
If you have a good size UVB light they should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom