Frack's Cross-Country Trip (pic heavy)

Trin

Well, I just recently moved from California to New York... and got there by car, my bearded dragon (he's about a year and a half old now) accompanied me... here are some of the highlights of our trip!

SAM_0566.jpg

How he traveled... in a cleaned out cat carrier with some of his tiles and his favorite basking spot, he got uvb/uva when we stopped for the night, and he also had a heating pad in there that we checked the temperature on often by touch and by temp gun... we also checked his personal temp to make sure he was good.

SAM_0592.jpg

Basking on the dashboard... this was his favorite place in the entire trip... he spent a lot of time there, causing us to make up some silly things about him...

SAM_0662.jpg

He decided to claim the dashboard as his territory... resulting in us calling him "King Frackazoid" and his kingdom became "Dashboardia"... can't you just see him yelling out "This is Dashboardiaaaaaaaaa!" in the pic?

SAM_0678.jpg

But he only got to be on the dashboard when I wasn't driving... so whenever he got put back in his temp cage, he would glare at us, it was too cute so I had to get a pic.

SAM_0694.jpg

He refused to eat most of the way... but I always have a backup, he loves supers (but still eats crix and dubia and greens) so he got fed some supers from a petco that was on our way... he ate them right off his kingdom of Dashboardia while we watched as well as the lady in the parking spot across from us.

SAM_0699.jpg

but I did have to drive at some point... so here he is pouting at me from the far back of his tank, making it clear that he was NOT amused.

SAM_0713.jpg

In a hotel room, his uvb/uva light was on him, but he still wanted to try his hand at climbing curtains, silly little boy.

SAM_0728.jpg

Did I mention he has some jealousy issues? He got really jealous of all the attention we were paying the gps and would often go stand in front or right next to it...

SAM_0731.jpg

He's a possessive little bugger too... trying to keep my hand/arm as well as Dashboardia XD

SAM_0740.jpg

We did run into some decent sun, so he did decide to pancake on Dashboardia for a while...

SAM_0755.jpg

But NEVER doze off when you're holding this guy, or you'll wake up to this...

SAM_0769.jpg

It was the last of four days on the road... he was missing his hammock, but figured that I'd do in a pinch...

SAM_0770.jpg

It only took him four days but he did it... he found the steering wheel! Thankfully he doesn't know what it does XD

SAM_0780.jpg

And the last pic of him on the road... we got in at night, so he fell asleep on me on the way in...

He's got a new tank all to himself now, a 50g and often comes out to explore the apartment... so he's much happier, although he does appear to miss Dashboardia..

Frack looks like he really enjoyed the trip. All my chameleons love to go on car rides. They get high up in their tree and look around the whole time.

"This is Dashboardiaaaaaaaaa!" lol, rofl and pmsl :D That's the best post I've seen on here ever
Frack is awesome........

Try living with Frack, definately one of the friendliest and most... power hungry lizards of all time! We will be posting pics of the reptile room... (WAS going to be the reptile room, apparently Frack doesn't wanna share a room with Bo regardless of being able to see him or not). So pretty much it is currently Bo's room and Frack's room.

Yeah, two king lizards.... one appartment. Good thing is, when Frack roams the appartment, he stays CLEAR of Bo's room... don't need to piss of the Meller's methinks :p

Thank you XD I'm still waiting to get net here, but Frackazoid's doin well, he's got his tank, the run of the apartment (when I let him out that is) and only avoids two rooms... the bathroom and the room where Bo (my Love's Meller's chameleon) lives.

Hahaha i loved this, made me :) my beardie also loves trips out in the car and he to likes to sit on the dashboard. Mine has been to the beach, shops, park and when i walk my dog if its warm enough he comes with me. <3 Lovely story, thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom