Food too big?

Roni013

Hey so I just got my first Pygmy Cham this morning. I had little crickets for him but now that I see how small he is, the crickets are almost half his size. I only put 2 in there at the moment just to see if he would eat but now I'm worried to leave them in there all day. But if even small crickets are too big what should I feed the little guy? He's only a month and a half and probably the size of a pen cap. Help!

It would probably be best to remove them. The rule for food is not bigger than the distance of the space between the eyes.

So I got fruit flies but thier so small I cant see how many r in thier or if he's eating. How long can they go without food? I tried putting some other fruit and dried stuff in there too but I dont think hes touched it.

i have a pygmy leaf

I have a pygmy leaf too. i got him (bubba) about 2 1/2 weeks ago. he's doing good. this is my first cham. my bf helps me with him by being there if i have a questions. i got him at the animal expo. i feed him fruit flies. i was also worried that he doesn't eat them cuz i've never seen him eat them. but at the same time i don't think he would survive this long if he doesn't eat. I also give him 3 phoenix worms (extra small) once a day. the first time i gave him that he shoot his tongue out at it. it was nice to see cuz pygmies are so small that it's hard to see them eat. congratulations on your pygmy. I like mine and i enjoy him. :D

So I was gonna get her pinhead crix but petco is dumb and they thought 2wk ones were pinhead and then I started wondering. If 2wk crix are too big then how long are pin heads gonna last me? Even when I have 2 pygies I dont see them going through 100 crix in a week and none of the stores around here sell them individually so not like I can get 10 or so...which would have been nice. She seems to luv the fruit flies and Ive given her a few pheonix worms to spice up her life but I dunno if crix are an option. Would she be ok with the diet shes on? Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom