Fogger

Swtbobcat

So i bought this fogger to put moisture in Louie's cage. I have it set to go off every 2 hrs for 30 min and it seems to put a good bit of moisture in Louie's cage and allowing for water condensation to build up on the leaves. Should I set this off to run more frequently? I don't want it to run constantly because then there's too much water and it leaks out of the bottom of his cage every where. I bought thisbto replace the little dripper that came with Louie's cage that i couldn't seem to get it slowed down enough that it wasn't leaking and really soaking the bottom of his cage and having water go everywhere within 24hrs.

Humidifier Fogger

Your link won’t load for me.

Attachments

• 6D00F481-1A5D-49BB-9E81-4C93D74B07AF.png
    6D00F481-1A5D-49BB-9E81-4C93D74B07AF.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 71
Hmm, I was looking at your other threads. Louie is a veiled, and you shouldn't be running a fogger during the day. It can cause respiratory infections. They only need 30-40 humidity during the day, but 80-100 at night. So you can use the fogger at night, after all his lights are off.

It looks like in your photos he has a screen cage, and a mix of fake and live plants. Someone also caught that he was sleeping with his lights on in an earlier thread and that can be a sign of a serious medical issue.

Fill this out:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Please send photos lights down of your setup, and some more pictures of your cham.

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

There are no real plants yet in his cage. Its all fake except for the branch i broke off my oak tree so that i could transport him in a box like was recommended. As far as the supplies all of his entire cage setup is what he came with minus a few extras i have purchased. I have the bark subtrate in the cage roght now but after reading an eariler post.

He has a full screen cage (again because that is what he came with) because everything i kept reading before I got him also said not to put him in a glass or terrarium.

I have been wanting to get him a waterfall but i can onky find plastic and i dont want to give him something like that afraid it will grow bacteria. I have been running the fogger every two hrs since the cage is completely mesh and not doesnt seem to hold moisture except in the subtrate which will be replaced.

I appreciate all the help and support i have been getting from everyone. I will be making changes because i wanna keep him healthy.

There is a ton of really good info in the resources menu on the forum.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/
If you don’t want to fill out the form it’s hard for folks to provide individualized advice. I would read over the water and humidity sheet there. I would also check out Bill Strands Chameleon Breeder podcast. He has a few episodes that going into detail about hydration and humidity control.

Haha, going through the other new posts I see someone on another thread already suggested checking out the care sheet and other resources. Good luck though and def check out the podcast.

Back
Top Bottom