Fischer chameleon not eating for a week and half

hello my chameleon name is Yogi

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Fischer chameleon ( kinyongia multituberculata ), male, not sure how many months but sub-adult. Had him for a week and 3 days
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • When trying to feed him or take him outside.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • I'm giving him lots of options. Mealworms, butter worms, wax worms, hornworms, and crickets. I put two of each into his feeder cup every morning and Im using flucker water gel and food
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • I'm using exo terra multi vitamin and calcium with D3 once a month (trying to but he haven't ate one that I dusted...
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Mist bottle, mist every 3-4 hours or when humidity hits 50% or lower. I mist for 1-2mins each session till hits 80-85%. I see him drink sometime since I work from 7-5pm and that's only 2-3 hours before lights out for him.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • Brown/dark colour poop and haven't seen the urine yet, sometime I wipe the bottom because of water flooding.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
  • 0 history information. Got from local pet store. They tricked me.... Told me the tail part that looks black is just the colour but after I brought him home and took a closer look.... It looks like it going fall off.........
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • 18x18x36, reptibreeze large.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Exo terra Compact small and medium light fixture. ( small fixture using natural light and medium fixture is using zoomed reptile uvb 5.0 bulb & a old 10.0 uvb for extra light) and a medium basking light fixture with zoomed repti basking spot light 75W. On at 7am - 8pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Top 85-90, mid section 70-76, bottom section 65-70. This is summer time in Vancouver.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Top section ?, mid section 60-85%, bottom cage 60-90%. Highest when misted and lowest when I wake up
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Pothos, crono,
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    and two other plants I forgot the name.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • living room in the cornor across from the window for sunlight if I'm lucky that it shines there. On top of a table, off the ground about a feet
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
  • Canada, Vancouver

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
He only ate two crickets when I first got him in the first two days... That I fed from a tong. Ever since I moved him from a national geographic vertical terrarium to the reptibreeze large, he haven't eaten... He started shedding around his head and tail but not on body that I see. Still a little left on his face. I tried hand feeding, using a tong, leaving them in the cage, and a homemade feeding cup. Tried two but both fail because sometime 2/4 crickets escape and hornworms escaped too somehow... I always see uneaten crickets and it's really hard without ruining or stressing Yogi out to catch the uneaten crickets at night before lights out so the crickets always hides behind a background deco that I might consider trying to remove tomorrow. I can't think or find a way to make him eat.. can anyone help me? Don't want him to die under my care..

I just tried putting him in a medium size plastic containers with mesh hot glued on all the sides and left two of each mealworms, hornworms, wax worms, butter worms and crickets... And he fell asleep inside... Because I guess was my fault since suppose to be lights out an hour ago

Back
Top Bottom