First Veiled Chameleon

katekob

Hi I'm new to the site and just got my first veiled yesterday, I have had many reptiles before but I'm not sure what my veiled is I do believe it is a girl. I'm also not sure how old she is I am guess by the size probably 1-2 months about 3 an a half inches long. Can someone please take a look at the pictures and let me know for sure also I hear females can be spayed, how safe is that? When do they start laying eggs? pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Thanks for the help!

It appears to be a feamle, approximately 2-3 months old.

There is no tarsal spur in the first picture that can be seen, and the size when compred to my own veiled clutches appear similar to that of a 2-3 month old.

It appears to be a feamle, approximately 2-3 months old.

There is no tarsal spur in the first picture that can be seen, and the size when compred to my own veiled clutches appear similar to that of a 2-3 month old.

Thank you sooo muuchhh!! I was very curious to know how old she was she is much younger the sales guy said!

Please make sure you research females. as they can lay eggs even when not bred, or never even seeing a male.
they need 24/7 access to a lay bin once sexually mature.

Please make sure you research females. as they can lay eggs even when not bred, or never even seeing a male.
they need 24/7 access to a lay bin once sexually mature.

I've been doing a lot of research on here and I have already put a small laying bin in there (because I thought she was older) but when she starts hanging out a the bottom which she never does now I have a large plastic container ready with filter play sand. I am almost trying to keep her temps low so she doesn't produce at all. Thanks again!

Females do not become sexually mature until the orange spots and blue spots appear.

ALso, we recommend keeping a full size lay bin in their cage at that time as some females dont exhibit the 'classic' signs of needing to lay.

this way, you wont miss her needing to, and create an egg binding situation.

Not to mention if you change things in her cage when she does have to lay, it can cause her to stop, which can lead to egg binding as well.

Back
Top Bottom