First melleri!

Sticktongue

Avid Member
I have wanted to keep melleri for a few years, but the room they require had always held me back.

Earlier this year I decided it needed to happen. So I started figuring out how I wanted to go about it. It got put off a few times, because im wanting to move, but got pretty serious a month ago. I found a ltc male here on the forums, and decided to go for it.
I decided to make something decent, but not to crazy untill I move.
I already had bought the shelving to create a free range last year so I got started. I wrapped the back and part of the sides with shower curtain, and a short trim around the top so he cant get ontop on the fixtures. I made a new raindome, with 4 nozzles. It falls into two ficus, one umbrella and two pothes. The larger ficus dropped all its leaves and is now growing again.

It drains into a tub that I empty every other day. No water gets on the walls or carpet.

I have two 10.0 reptisun, and a 75 watt basking. Temps are 84 at basking, and ambient around 70.

Delivery day came on tuesday. He wasnt stressed one bit and had very minimal bruising from shipping. He started drinking and hand feeding on day one. I really like this guy. He sleeps in the same place everynight :)

Bare with me, very few pictures right now.

Meet derk (name pending)
qegapaty.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1379115573765.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1379115596555.jpg

Basking this morning. He didn't like my arm coming in the enclosure today ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379169236271.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379169236271.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 229
Congrats! He looks great. I forget that other Meller's have a lot more dramatic scaloping on their backs because mine seems to have rubbed it part-way off in the tiny cage she was kept in before belonging to me. He's awesome though! He seems pretty content.

Back
Top Bottom